Kind of confused

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought my first Iphone4 around March and it's through Verizon. When I got my phone I setup my hotmail account and also I set up a mobileme account "find my iphone account". When I go to mobileme.com I' able to locate my phone, wipe it, etc. Did I pay for this service back in March without realizing it? Also, am I paying a monthly fee for it? Any input is greatly appreciated.

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
MobileMe has been a service of Apple. It is not affiliated with your phone carrier at all so you are not paying anything on your bill. Find my phone is free and I'm guessing that is what you set up. If you did not purchase mobileme online or in a box at the store then you did not buy mobileme. You would otherwise have an @me.com email address. However, come in the fall with the iOS 5 release, mobileme will be converted to a new service called iCloud and will be free. You will also get an @me.com email address for free if you choose so.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, MobileMe included a lot more than the Find My iPhone feature and cost $100/year. Find My iPhone was just a free thing available to everyone, and now the WHOLE MobileMe setup will be coming free of charge.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I thought all music purchased via iTunes and Photobooth took up no space but all other music did, and then once you go past the 5gb you pay?

It's not for storage it's for licensing and serving what Apple can't confirm that you already own. All they know about is what you bought from the iTunes store...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2