Maybe I am being too OCD

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a screen protector on my iphone and I notice on the bottom there is a spot where there might be a speck of dirt or dust underneath so the screen protector isnt adhering to the screen fully. There are a few other spots on the phone where it does that but not on the viewable part of the screen. Should I not worry about it? The dirt/dust wont damage my phone correct? Thanks.

Chaos5

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
What kind of screen protector is it? If its a Zagg then just use the installation procedure to take it off, wipe off the speck of dirt and then re-install it. I've done it many times with my Zagg's through out my phone history.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
no its some cheap officedepot XTREMEMAC clear screen protector. I am debating if I wanna try the tape method where i peel some of it off with tape and grab another piece of tape to remove the dust from the protector.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
The type of screen protectors that you're using (static cling) are MAGNETS for dust and hair. I would try to peel back your protector and use a small piece of tape to pull it off. BUT, it it doesn't bother you, no it won't do your phone any damage.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have installed a ton of screen shields and the tape trick is my life. It is pretty hard to get a nice clean install and using the tape trick i get everyone of my installs perfect.

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
i ordered some from amazon called Acase.. got some decent reviews. I heard zagg and SGP or something like that are the best ones. But, hopefully these Acase ones will work (3front and 3 back for like 7 bucks)

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Another excellent brand is Clarivue. No rainbow effect whatsoever. As for Zagg, a lot of people like them for protection, but I'm not a fan of the orange peel look. (used one on a BlackBerry once)

X

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
been using a iFrogz privacy filter... once you take it off it becomes a pain to get a clear reinstall, UNLESS you douse it with water, and apply it like an Invisible Shield with a credit card.. perfect reinstall, quite a few times now.. because I too, am suffering from OCD when it comes to dust under the screen protector...

Alveezy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
What kind of screen protector is it? If its a Zagg then just use the installation procedure to take it off, wipe off the speck of dirt and then re-install it. I've done it many times with my Zagg's through out my phone history.

how did you re-install it? did you just peel it partially or you took off the whole thing? i'm debating if i should re-align mines because the left side would slight peel due to the case. the retailer that i bought and got it installed from put it a little off to the right because the home button hole is a little more shifted that way.