Help! 3Gs stuck on white apple screen

idontlikeonions

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
Ok so I think I did the wrong thing and totally screwed up my phone. Any advice would be appreciated.

Here's what happened: I was trying to log out of my facebook app on my phone and it kept hanging while logging out and then the app would eventually crash. I turned my phone off and on to see if that would help and it didn't so I decided to delete the app and reinstall it. The app hung while it was installing, I left it alone for over 30 minutes and it never fully installed, I'm having no trouble with my wifi connection so I figured it was an issue with the phone. ...So I decided to turn the phone off and back on. I'm afraid this was my mistake because now the phone won't get past the white apple screen. I can't restore it from a backup or even to factory settings in itunes because the phone won't turn on completely so itunes can't recognize that it's plugged in. Any words of wisdom anyone????

I'm afraid I'm going to have to get a new phone which I don't want to do because I want to use my upgrade on iphone 5. *sigh* of all the luck!!

Last edited:

ed116

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
please look around, you can put your phone into DFU mode, and then hookit up to your computer, DFU or recovery, youtube it. very simple and you can restore back to factory

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Is it JBen? I'm assuming for now that it isn't so what you need is to put the phone into DFU mode. So look up how to put the phone into DFU mode and do it then open iTunes and choose restore. I hope you backed up or did a sync on the phone in the past just incase the worst case and the phone is reloaded from scratch.

idontlikeonions

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
It fixed itself somehow. I left it plugged into my laptop for a while and after an hour or so it magically came on and is working fine. Thanks for the help everyone. Crisis averted!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77