Official iOS 4.3.1 Feedback & Bug Reporting thread

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
For anyone who might be interested (I'm not as detailed as some folks, but it still might be helpful, hopefully):

I unplugged this morning at 8:15 AM at 100% (the night before I had run it down to 0% and plugged it in for a full recharge). I sent a text right then and there, then after a while I checked Twitter, Weatherbug, made my moves in Words With Friends :)p), then put it down. It was at 97% after all this, I think. Then I launched a few location-based apps and checked my Gmail on Safari. Also checked my email with the Mail app (I have the setting to Manual). Then I was on a 20-minute (ish) text conversation. Checked Pulse news (love that app!) and read a couple stories. After that I took a bunch of photos with the stock Camera app (I think 16 photos). Checked Twitter some more. Didn't have it on Standby/lock (whatever that state is called :p) between uses. It's 11:45 AM now and I'm at 84%, which I think is good (for me, anyway!). My usage so far is 1 hour 29 minutes and Standby is 3 hours 30 minutes.

My Brightness is at roughly 33% (I keep the slider right under the "B" in "Brightness") and I have Auto Brightness ON. I have spotlight search off for everything and Ping is set to Off as well.

My swipe to unlock is fine (didn't have a problem with this on 4.3). I think overall the battery is better than 4.3. also, the phone doesn't get as hot as it used to for me. On 4.3, just a few minutes on Twitter would overheat it. But I don't have that now.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLiNK

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
no problems whatsoever with slide to unlock/answer etc..

i am very impressed with the battery performance of 4.3.1 .. if this can carry over with the upcoming untethered jailbreak i will have the best of both worlds.. :D

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So I loaded this on my wifes today. Slide to unlock bug still exists but just not as often. Battery seems more like 4.2.1 again. I'm still rocking 4.2.1 on my i4 and my phone is much more snappier than hers on 4.3.1 When I was on 4.3,mine seemed a little sluggish too.

At this point since 4.3 is a minor upgrade, I'm going to stay on 4.2.1 unless I ever need to do a restore and then I'm forced to upgrade until 5.0 comes out. Apple usually does awesome jobs with OS's but this one is not. People might ask why they had to do so many bug fixes on 4.3 when iOS 4 has been around 9 months? It's because when they go from versions 4.2 to 4.3 and ect, the OS's are built from the ground up again

I can confirm the unlock slider bug does still exist. After more use throughout the weekend I had instances where it took several tries to unlock or the slider move but didn't unlock the phone. It is much less frequent than before but it does still exist. :(

At least that is the only thing I see wrong right now. Battery is great again, recalibrated the meter yesterday just to get everything at baseline.

bab2010

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm the unlock slider bug does still exist. After more use throughout the weekend I had instances where it took several tries to unlock or the slider move but didn't unlock the phone. It is much less frequent than before but it does still exist. :(

At least that is the only thing I see wrong right now. Battery is great again, recalibrated the meter yesterday just to get everything at baseline.

I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

yeah my wifes has it still. Im holding off. I wont load it unless I ever have to do a restore before 5.0 comes out

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I was finally able to pry my wife's 3GS out of her hands last night to do the upgrade. Prior to the upgrade, her battery was terrible. I mean really, really bad. After the upgrade, I am amazed at how well the battery is performing. Actually, quite shocked to say the least. It is running great with no issues. I am very impressed.

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody thought that the reason the battery life is alot better is because they minimized the signal strength? Both me and my gf have noticed a difference in signal strength, and are thinking about going back an update. Anybody else experiencing this?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Has anybody thought that the reason the battery life is alot better is because they minimized the signal strength? Both me and my gf have noticed a difference in signal strength, and are thinking about going back an update. Anybody else experiencing this?

I'm on 4.2.1 still for various reasons but my wifes is on 4.3.1. I have played around with hers a lot. Havent noticed less signal. Then again, I havent heard anybody complain about that. Were you JB on 4.2.1 with your Blobs saved? Because thats they only way your rolling back.

tezzybear

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
iPOD Touch (iPHONE too?) Video Grouping Bug

Is anyone having strange issues with music video groupings on an iPhone or
iPOD Touch after the 4.2 software patch? I'm seeing some of my music
video groupings labeled as episodes, and the image used for the grouping is
coming from my song album art instead of one of the videos. I called Apple
support and got nowhere. Their stock answer is: If the videos didn't come
from iTunes, we have no frame of reference for troubleshooting this problem.
In other words, if you don't get your video content from iTunes, they will not
fix problems that arise from their software releases. When I told them that I'm
not having this problem with another iPOD Touch with the same music videos
but still on the 4.1 version, they didn't have an answer. Since Apple
demonstrated their worthless customer service on this issue, does anyone have
a workaround for this problem?

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
After updating my iPhone to 4.3.1, my signal remained the same as 4.2.1 and 4.3 and my battery life became better (from 4.3). I have Ping off but everything else on. I will be discharging my device to 0% to recalibrate the battery to get a better reading on usage times. Moreover, I have my email (Gmail via Exchange) and MobileMe set to manual. Overall, the iPhone seems to run more smoothly than 4.3.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is great now. After 7 hrs use and 18 hrs 18 min of standby time, I'm at 9% battery life!

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
After an initial boost in battery performance 4.3.1 has proven to be just as horrible for my battery as 4.3. I am starting to think that apple sucks.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
After an initial boost in battery performance 4.3.1 has proven to be just as horrible for my battery as 4.3. I am starting to think that apple sucks.

Post a screen shot of usage with battery almost run all the way down and not charging the battery at all during the day. We'll tell you if its bad battery life or not. I would love to see what your calling horrible.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I will post it later tonight. I was getting about 8 hours usage on 4.2 then about 4-5 hours on 4.3. Now on 4.3.1 I am getting about 4. I have not installed any new apps since my update specifically so I can test the battery.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I will post it later tonight. I was getting about 8 hours usage on 4.2 then about 4-5 hours on 4.3. Now on 4.3.1 I am getting about 4. I have not installed any new apps since my update specifically so I can test the battery.

ok great. Also, I'm on 4.2.1 still and I only get 8 usage if I have a lot of iPod usage time as that doesnt eat battery. I average 5 hrs on 4.2.1. Maybe 5.5 on occaision.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about doing that his weekend. I was so happy with the iPhone before the last couple of weeks. I never thought about the phone except for using it. With Android I was always looking in forums for "help".

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll