The last few days my mic has been not working at all on phone calls but fine on everything else. I've rebooted several times and deleted my recent cydia downloads. At the current moment it is working but that seems to only last temporary. Any ideas what's causing the issue or how to fix it?
    02-24-2011 02:09 AM
    possibly water damage? I had this happen before.
    does it crackle at all when it does work? that's how i knew mine had water damage. only real way to fix that would be to let it naturally dry out (if it isn't badly damaged) or to replace whatever part is damaged.

good luck
    02-25-2011 06:22 PM
    I have the same microphone problem, that ramdomizely fail to work only on calls. I had read on several forums and it appears to be a software or hardware problem, because they received a new iphone and some times got the same problem.

If someone knows how to fix it, i will appreciate that.

Best Regards.
    04-11-2011 04:05 PM
    Have you tried a restore to see if that fixes it?
    04-11-2011 04:46 PM
    I had done a complete restore, but it doesn`t fix it.
    04-12-2011 05:45 PM
    I had done a complete restore, but it doesn`t fix it.
    Could be a short somewhere. This happened to me a month ago with my speaker on the bottom. Kept going in and out and kept missing phone calls. Apple gave me a replacement.
    04-12-2011 05:48 PM
    I will do an appointment with my carrier, after that i will tell you what they tell me.

Best Regards.
    04-12-2011 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD