Phone line switching

joshuam113

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got my verizon iphone but the thing is i cant activate it because it is on the wrong line. i was eligible for an upgrade on my sons line so i upgraded it on his. is there a number i can call to switch it?:)

D2TSHR1439

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You need to activate it on his deactivate it then activate it on your line. You need to accept the terms on his line before you can do anything.

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought my daughter one on my wife's upgrade. When I got it, I took it to the Verizon store and asked them to get it switched around to my daughters nr. The CSR told me that when she plugs it into iTunes that it will ask which number to activate under.

Is this true, or is it going to knock out my wife's phone and activate it on her line?

Daughter is waiting for a case to come in before she activates her new phone so I have a few days to figure this out. :)

Last edited:

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I did all of mine from home through iTunes and My Verizon. First activate the phone on the number that you ordered it for. If switching it to a different line Change the ESN in you acct info through My Verizon. Then activate the iPhone on the line you want it on, again through My Verizon. Took me about 10 minutes to switch phones around. Both of mine did not require me to dail *228 option 2, but I would recommend doing so after you activate it.

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hum, it did not work the way the CSR said. We had to call Verizon and have them do something then turn both phones off for 2 minuets. Thrned them back on and it was all done. Ofcourse my wife who might use her phone 2 min a month was "extreemly pissed". AH HA! I knew that happen if something went wrong even for a second.

mountainhouse

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, My Verizon makes it easy to move phones around. I know it's too late for this, but you can also move the upgrade eligibility to another line before ordering.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77