Was thinking about Going back to Evo 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a ip4 with version 4.2.1 I assume this is the newest version

In settings I have no options for a pop up blocker?

Am I missing something here ?

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My point on bashing droiders is ... this is a iphone forum, last I checked there was no android section, why are we discussing these phones so much?

There is no comparison between these phones and the iphone.

Sorry if I offended anyone here , I guess You can go back to discussing android phones, ill try to behave. ;)

just added :

I just read this and had to comment ...

The guy who posted this really needs to find a android forum

"COOL, so i can buy a less powerful phone, hack it, just so it can do a FEW things my more powerful phone can already do?? Hmmmm Yea!
That sounds just like perfect sense in APPLE land.... NOT!

Dude GO AWAY !!!! your calling me a loser and your posting stuff like this.

You wonder why i speak out

TOOL

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I am also tempted by the Atrix. But, I have seen some hands on videos from CES, and the browsing is still the same, very choppy and not as fluid as safari on iPhone4.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a ip4 with version 4.2.1 I assume this is the newest version

In settings I have no options for a pop up blocker?

Am I missing something here ?

You have to jailbreak for that.

I am having the same issue with my iphone as the OP only I went back to a BlackBerry not Android. I know, I'm gonna get flammed big time. Anyway, I just got bored with the iPhone but I think thats just a "me" thing. I'm always getting bored quickly with my gadgets. Anyway, I do love my Torch and I'm not sick of it *yet* but I felt bad having my iPhone 4 lying around collecting dust. I recently jailbroke it because I thought that would make me love it again. Not yet. I think because I'm a JB newbie I haven't utilized it to its full potential. I'm on the fence about selling it. (Cue the Karen Carpenter "Torn Between Two Lovers"...)

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's the thing, this is an iPhone forum, yes. But, shouldn't we be open to discussing other platforms.

I used Android for nearly two years, on a slew of different phones. Heck, I even dabbled with Web OS. Each OS has its merits.

Ultimately, what wins me over with iOS is the experience, and polish. Apple owns the supply chain, and control the device (hardware and software). You get a better experience.

Android has its plusses. I use Google for everything. Heck, my phone number is with Google now. From an integration standpoint, you can't beat Android. However, the user experience is not as cohesive, and the UI is not as fluid.

Web OS had potential, but Palm shot itself in the foot by not releasing the SDK when the app store rolled out. The notification system was top notch.

At any rate, my point is, why not have a discussion like this. Maybe you can stop someone from going back to Android by giving them some workarounds, or a tip or two, instead of calling them a tool. Last I checked, we were mostly all adults.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
agreed

Yes we are all adults here for the most part.

This guy came in here and was basically taunting us or me for that matter.

Its one thing to discuss other platforms in a mature way but to come across like this guy does irritates me.

If he wants to bash iphones do it in a android forum, I come in here to answer what questions I can and get info about my phone when I need it.

To say a droid is more powerful is just stupid, maybe more customizable but by no means more powerful in means of screen rez or fluidness or speed.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion i guess....

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
agreed

Yes we are all adults here for the most part.

This guy came in here and was basically taunting us or me for that matter.

Its one thing to discuss other platforms in a mature way but to come across like this guy does irritates me.

If he wants to bash iphones do it in a android forum, I come in here to answer what questions I can and get info about my phone when I need it.

To say a droid is more powerful is just stupid, maybe more customizable but by no means more powerful in means of screen rez or fluidness or speed.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion i guess....

You are indeed an idiot (LOSER) and NOT because you use an iphone. But because you are incredibly UNINFORMED! You came into an argument with zero ammunition.. (android users are tools) wow! you are quite the intellect!

And YES there are quite a few Android phones that are more powerful than your iphone. FACT! sorry to burst your lil red apple balloon!

It is indeed a good thing that the ios UI is simple to use. Because your FAR to imbecilic to use an Android. (not implying you need to be dumb to use an iphone) but this guy makes a good case.

I have owned EVERY model of iphone. And moved to what served me better.
And the mere fact you didn't know your iphone had to be jail broken to perform the tasks you asked about a few questions back tells me you dont even know YOUR phones capabilities much-less the ones of a different phone!

So yes, you are a child like "LOSER"

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I haven't Devoted my entire life to my phone as you have.

Whatever with your Ive had every phone bull****... big deal.

I have a life outside this forum,

Keep on making your stupid over educated remarks, I may not be as phone savy as you but I can assure you, Im not the only one who can do without your negative apple remarks.

If you have moved onto greener pastures why are you still trolling around this web site, just to piss off people like me.

Go spew your banter somewhere else with your POWERFUL android

Boy I can see being called a tool really got under your skin, I wonder why.. probably not the first time.

Anyway Im done going back and forth with you this is getting old

The Mods dont like this type of chat anyway and I dont blame them.

Good Luck with your Droid Droidboy

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Damule -

First off, calm down. You're not on XDA, there's no need to get your quills raised over someone saying the iPhone is superior.

Having used every "Droid" and a few Android phones on Sprint, I can say that some of the hardware may be "faster" than the A4 in the iPhone, but iOS itself is faster because it "feels" faster. In the end, it's about the user experience, not having a dual-core, 2GB of RAM phone that still feels sluggish because of an un--optimized user experience.

The approach for manufacturers with Android is to just saturate the market with devices. Heck, look at what Samsung is doing. They're holding back updates for the Galaxy S line of phones, because they are releasing the S II soon.

Apple will not do that. Yes, the 2G and 3G cannot be fully upgraded to iOS 4. So what. They are legacy devices. Their hardware cannot support all of the features of iOS 4.

That said, while my wife's Fascinate is going to be stuck (officially) on Eclair, I'll be rocking out to iOS 5's features the day it's released. I'll deal with a more simple version of an OS, if it means I'm not party to AT&T or Verizon's maniacal control and "modification" of an update.

You enjoy that. Who knows, when quad-core CPUs make it to phones, maybe you'll finally be able to handle multi-tasking, and won't need to carry two spare batteries and a wall charger wherever you go. Until then, stop trolling around and being an idiot. The OP wasn't about the superiority of one phone over another.

xDAKx

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Damule -

First off, calm down. You're not on XDA, there's no need to get your quills raised over someone saying the iPhone is superior.

Having used every "Droid" and a few Android phones on Sprint, I can say that some of the hardware may be "faster" than the A4 in the iPhone, but iOS itself is faster because it "feels" faster. In the end, it's about the user experience, not having a dual-core, 2GB of RAM phone that still feels sluggish because of an un--optimized user experience.

The approach for manufacturers with Android is to just saturate the market with devices. Heck, look at what Samsung is doing. They're holding back updates for the Galaxy S line of phones, because they are releasing the S II soon.

Apple will not do that. Yes, the 2G and 3G cannot be fully upgraded to iOS 4. So what. They are legacy devices. Their hardware cannot support all of the features of iOS 4.

That said, while my wife's Fascinate is going to be stuck (officially) on Eclair, I'll be rocking out to iOS 5's features the day it's released. I'll deal with a more simple version of an OS, if it means I'm not party to AT&T or Verizon's maniacal control and "modification" of an update.

You enjoy that. Who knows, when quad-core CPUs make it to phones, maybe you'll finally be able to handle multi-tasking, and won't need to carry two spare batteries and a wall charger wherever you go. Until then, stop trolling around and being an idiot. The OP wasn't about the superiority of one phone over another.

Finally. Someone saying what needed to be said here. This is TiPb on XDA or Android Central, if you don't like being told by someone that a competing phone is superior, the two sites mentioned above will be great for you.

As someone who went from BlackBerry to iPhone back to BlackBerry, to Android to BlackBerry and then iPhone again (with my i4 now) I can say that I too feel iPhone and iOS is superior to Android in many respects, Android has one thing going for it, pure raw processing power.

The i4 doesn't lag behind, but is still clocked somewhere in the range of 800MHz-1GHz, however due to the better code efficiency and Apple's requirements to developers as to how things need be coded to be approved for distribution in the App Store, the clock speed (while slower) provides just as good, if not a better general experience over Android, while still giving better battery life.

The only part of Android I really liked was the fact that in Android Market, you don't get thrown back to the homescreen and pushed over to whatever screen an app will be installed on when you download something from the App Store, the fact you could install something on Android without having this happen was nice, and I'm pretty sure Rene and Georgia have said how they'd like to see this become the iOS default.

But in all honesty, let's be adults here and have a mature conversation without two people trying to slash the others head off, before this thread gets locked. If you don't like the other person? Cool. Make your response, and ignore them. :rolleyes:

Reactions: anaphora68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2