Was thinking about Going back to Evo 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.

icehead13

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about going back to my Evo 4G or maybe getting the new Atrix 4G. Every time I do, the iPhone does something new I like. Ahh... Maybe I'm just getting used to it, plus the thought of carrying a extra battery and 3 chargers is getting old.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
yeah if your on the iPhone 4, none of those devices will compare with battery. My Inspire does not compare in battery life

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I was thinking about going back to my Evo 4G or maybe getting the new Atrix 4G. Every time I do, the iPhone does something new I like. Ahh... Maybe I'm just getting used to it, plus the thought of carrying a extra battery and 3 chargers is getting old.

If you're on ATT then you're blessed with GSM. Get yourself an Atrix and just
switch sims whenever you please.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Not to be rude but...

This is a Iphone forum why are we talking about cheesy andriod phones ??

They are so far inferior to iphone its a insult to have them even mentioned here !!!

Let the flaming begin

ANDROID = CHEESE

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

... sweet jesus...

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I came FROM Android to the iPhone 4. There is no way I will go back, not ever. The ONLY thing I miss is Google Maps Navigation. Aside from that, I could never give up my better battery life, better build quality, etc.

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I moved from the Evo to the iPhone. I would suggest a jail break with the following items out of Cydia.

LockInfo - Lets you have the status bar pulldown like android for notifications.

SBSettings - Lets you swipe the status bar left to right for toggles like you had from the HTC widget.

Popup Blocker - Lets you hide those annoying popup push alerts because you have them in the status bar anyways.

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I moved from the Evo to the iPhone. I would suggest a jail break with the following items out of Cydia.

LockInfo - Lets you have the status bar pulldown like android for notifications.

SBSettings - Lets you swipe the status bar left to right for toggles like you had from the HTC widget.

Popup Blocker - Lets you hide those annoying popup push alerts because you have them in the status bar anyways.

I tried the EVO for a week before getting my iph4. I came back.

I just installed Popup Blocker. My understanding is just select "push" and that should take care of the FB ones correct? Those are the worst when I have to answer it in order to hang up a phone call.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I tried the EVO for a week before getting my iph4. I came back.

I just installed Popup Blocker. My understanding is just select "push" and that should take care of the FB ones correct? Those are the worst when I have to answer it in order to hang up a phone call.

yep, settings>popup blocker>alerts>push notifications>block when unlocked>on>block when locked>on

one of many reasons reasons to be jailbroken

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, you'll look at you're Evo's screen and say "crap, the iPhone 4 looks so much better"

LOL, well, the iPhone 4 has a much better app store, and iOS 5 will be here, well, in June or July, idk, 4g is really nice, I have an iPhone 4 and if you jailbreak it is SO worth it

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Can't see a return to non-retina display myself OR another bout of battery anxiety.

I think the OP is a joke. No reasonable human would carry three chargers and two batteries no matter what sort of small benefit some guy may see in an Android. I know I'd use an HTC before I had to carry multiple batteries and chargers to use my iPhone.

But for me, an avid book reader on my iPhone, the display makes the phone.

buggyman

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I came from the Evo to the Iphone 4 a week ago. There is only two things the iphone 4 really does better and that is battery life and sync to my apple computer. I could actually do way more with my Evo. I do like the Ipone 4 though. I also think I liked the Android market better then the App store. I will stay with Apple though due to owning everything else apple. Really if I did not own macs I would of stayed with Android. I say all this while being very satisfied with the Iphone though. I think if Iphone doesn't make some changes though they will be left behind by Android. I feel like android is developing much faster the Apple.

The most thing I do miss about the Evo is the Android browser which blows Ios browser away.

Last edited:

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site

COOL, so i can buy a less powerful phone, hack it, just so it can do a FEW things my more powerful phone can already do??:confused: Hmmmm Yea!
That sounds just like perfect sense in APPLE land.... NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2