How can I get my email faster, coming from BB

Jawsnj

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the iphone since launch day and the email is coming in so slow. I have a gmail, aol, and work account on my iphone. I dont care about gmail and aol speed, but I have my work email set up as a pop3 account on the phone and it is sooooo slooooow.

Any suggestions for new or revised set up would be great. I want to love the phone but this is really holding me back...

HELP

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Check if your company supports Exchange for mobile device syncing. That's the only way to get push. POP3 doesn't push so you will only get fetch at an interval you set or manual fetch when you open the app.

You can also setup gmail with Exchange, check out Google Sync.

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If your work doesn't offer exchange, you could set up gmail to access the POP account and get Exchange through the backdoor...

muzikmyke

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If your company will allow your mail to be forwarded to a personal account, The most streamline way of doing it will probably be to have your work mail forwarded to the personal gmail account that you already have, and then setup the gmail account on your phone as an exchange. You will have both your personal, and work mail pushed from the same account.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77