Camping out tomorrow? What time? Ready?

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you camping out early tomorrow to get or try to get an iphone? Whats your plan? How early? Lets share our plans

I plan on going between 4am-5am. Im in a college town. Not sure what to expect. Called local verizon and they are expecting lines. asked if they thought 5am was early enough. she thought so.

Whats your cut-off? If you arrive and see 50 people, still going to wait?

I am going to call the store before they close and try to get an idea of how many phones they recieved today and if they still think 4-5 is early enough..

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
At Apple for the Att release, people would start lining up about 7pm the night before. No joke. In the morning about 7 am, maybe 2000 people in line

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
At Apple for the Att release, people would start lining up about 7pm the night before. No joke. In the morning about 7 am, maybe 2000 people in line

i cant see that happening here. just cant. maybe a few people would go late tonight but no way 2000 people would be in line at this store... i would hope not.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
i cant see that happening here. just cant. maybe a few people would go late tonight but no way 2000 people would be in line at this store... i would hope not.

Where do you live? I live in LV where there are 3 Apple stores withing a 4 mile radius. Yes the iPhone people here are nuts.

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
im at school upstate NY.. not the biggest area. im about 40min from Syracuase. Verizon store is about 2 miles away. another is 25miles away. Apple store in syracuse mall and a verizon

I just cant see hundreds of people at the verizon over here unless a bunch of college students plan on heading over. but who knows. workers thought 5am was good enough. i called yesterday and today. one said to come as early as i can. i can camp over night but its -2 out. bitter cold. im not willing to spend a whole night outside.. i just really hope im not waiting 3-4 hrs and find out there sold out. i just wish i knew how many they were getting so if i get there and see 30 people and know there getting 60, i would be ok.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
im at school upstate NY.. not the biggest area. im about 40min from Syracuase. Verizon store is about 2 miles away. another is 25miles away. Apple store in syracuse mall and a verizon

I just cant see hundreds of people at the verizon over here unless a bunch of college students plan on heading over. but who knows. workers thought 5am was good enough. i called yesterday and today. one said to come as early as i can. i can camp over night but its -2 out. bitter cold. im not willing to spend a whole night outside.. i just really hope im not waiting 3-4 hrs and find out there sold out. i just wish i knew how many they were getting so if i get there and see 30 people and know there getting 60, i would be ok.

-2 yeah I wouldnt camp either. Its different once you guys gets on the June releases schedule. Much better temps for camping out. Good luck with your purchase. I hope you score one with no issues :D

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
-2 yeah I wouldnt camp either. Its different once you guys gets on the June releases schedule. Much better temps for camping out. Good luck with your purchase. I hope you score one with no issues :D

If it was warm, i would consider going late tonight.. but its freezing and thats why i dont think it will be crazy. i hope i can even get a parking spot. not a huge center.. didnt even think of that till now.. hmmm parking..

thanks! hopefully it works out!

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I always pre-order or order online in order to avoid the lines.. Nothing like having it delivered early in the AM of launch day..

varucell

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, The mall opens at 5 for the line. I wont be standing outside but I am gonna be there early just incase people do stand outside for a bit

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Did any of you guys preorder or reserve for pickup tomorrow? Just wondering because if you reserved one at Apple that's almost as good as a guarantee. I would never wait in line at the carrier store because it's no telling how many they will have. Apple Stores should have thousands of them. I'd take my chances there if I didn't have a reservation. A reservation gets you in the door quicker. I know my Apple store had 3 lines, 1 for preorders, 1 for reservations and 1 for walk ins. The walk ins waited a lot longer and reservations were taken at a ratio of 5 to 1. So for every 5 reservations they let in the store, they'd let 1 walk in. If you can, go online now and get a reservation and GO TO APPLE.

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
i cant order online. im the account manager not acount owner. so i cant preorder online. spoke to verizon about it. but i can go to the store and upgrade. but since my dad set up my verizon first and i did it after, i could only preorder under his my verizon account... so my only option is the store. which im dreading..

stayed up till 3 last night to find out it wouldnt work. woke up at 7 for class..now when do i go wait at verizon..

MacGuy76

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i cant order online. im the account manager not acount owner. so i cant preorder online. spoke to verizon about it. but i can go to the store and upgrade. but since my dad set up my verizon first and i did it after, i could only preorder under his my verizon account... so my only option is the store. which im dreading..

stayed up till 3 last night to find out it wouldnt work. woke up at 7 for class..now when do i go wait at verizon..

That bites! If you know of anyone that has an iOS device already. Download the Apple Store App and you can reserve one there! All they ask you for is your iTunes account and password to secure it!

GolpherZX

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Wind Chill advisories and absolutely frigid weather, I'm not even going to show up before the mall doors open. I have a reservation in place, but still want to get it before the waiting time. So I will be showing up and seeing if I can get it ahead of time, otherwise it will be midday for me!

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
just called verizon to see if there is a line and what they expect. they closed :( :( :(

on my own.. thinking of going at 4:30am.. stay in my car if there is no line. frigid weather. upstate Ny... i will be so pissed if i have to wait online for 3 hrs and they sell out.. this is what i am concerned about.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost