Does push email work on iPhone yet? Yahoo mail.

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I just made the switch to iPhone 4 a couple weeks ago from blackberry.

LOVE IT!

One thing I noticed that is far superior with blackberry was push email with my yahoo accounts. It would come as fast as a text message. iPhone takes a long time. Could be 5 minutes. Could be hours.

I have it set up to push. Is there something else I'm doing wrong? Or is that just how it is?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If it's not pushing instantly, it's something on the server side.

I have 3 exchange accounts set up, and they all push instantly.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Yahoo through exchange?

What exactly is exchange? Does it cost a subscription fee?

Excahnge is exactly what the BB uses, to a degree, it's an instant email connection.

As far as Yahoo Push Mail, I've had every iPhone since the first gen, and my Yahoo always pushes instantly.

Set it up again on your phone, make sure that you have a data connection when the phone pings yahoo, etc....

But yeah, Yahoo push has worked fine for me pretty much forever with an iPhone now.

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea I've tried that.... It really doesn't push at all. Takes hours sometimes for emails to come through.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I had to set up a premium yahoo account to get the right type of server, the free version did not push for me either , someone on crackberry.com told me to do so and it worked.

Dont know if the free accounts work now... they might

rudyv1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I had to set up a premium yahoo account to get the right type of server, the free version did not push for me either , someone on crackberry.com told me to do so and it worked.

Dont know if the free accounts work now... they might

How do you setup a premium account?

I setup a brand new one as mine was over 5 years old, same problem, it doesn't push to my phone :-(

what is the incoming exchange server name??

Thanks
Rudy

r0k

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
If you don't mind paying for Mobile Me you get push email and wireless sync of your contacts, etc. I have MoMe because we own Macs so for me the wireless features were "free". It's not a terribly good deal as there are free solutions out there that have already been mentioned but I just want to make sure every knows MoMe offers push email. BTW, BB email is different than exchange. You to to RIM's server and it "pulls" your email from whatever POP or IMAP account you point it to and it pushes it to your phone using something very similar to SMS. It also uses data compression. I doubt RIM licensed exchange technology from MS for their push email. It's something they set up for themselves and it works with any email account you own.

BTW, how do I know RIM's server is "pulling" my email? I got locked out of my gmail account when I had RIM's server pointed to it and had a bad password setup on RIM's server. I had to spend hours "unlocking" my gmail account and filling out image captcha's for each and every login attempt until I realized what was going on, shut off RIM's server, waited 24 hours for the "hacked flag" to expire and was able to log in to gmail again. Now gmail offers more options including text messages to unlock accounts but this was before all these nice features were added. So it's not accurate to say RIM is using exchange. It's something similar to exchange but definitely proprietary to RIM and BB devices.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77