iactivation question...

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So I, like the rest of you, am very impatiently awaiting my iphone delivery but I have a couple questions.

1. Will I be able to activate it without an internet connection?

2. Do you think we will be able to call and activate?

I know these are probably stupid and/or have been answered already, but I figured I'd ask anyway :p

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, like most iOS devices, you will probably have to activate the software through iTunes. This does not necessarily mean you need an internet connection but you will probably need to plug it up to your PC for the first go 'round. Now whether you activate it through the standard *228 via Verizon Wireless or you have to use iTunes via the internet is anyone guess at this point. Im sure the instructions will be delivered with the phone though so dont worry, you'll know as soon as you need to, lol. :)

artdeco

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Next hurdle to be anxious about....will verizon overload at the amount of simultaneous activations. I am a worrier, lol

SimpleAsItSeems

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
To me, it would only make sense to be able to activate without an internet connection. Last i checked, the iPhone can connect to the internet on it's own, without the help of a computer... ;)

artdeco

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Read a rumor somewhere, maybe here someplace, that the latest iTunes update was to enable activation of the verizon iPhones through iTunes. Guess we will find out Monday...

AppleNick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Reading the "Getting Started" information sent by Verizon when they sent out the invitations to preorder, you will need to use Itunes on the internet from youir computer with your phone connected to activate the phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77