ATTENTION: #8 has an actual question!

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
So some of you may know that before the 3rd I added a line with a junk feature phone so that I could instantly upgrade on the 3rd. Well as you know, for Mr. #8, everything worked out well.

Here is my situation:

Line 1- The main line with my current 3G feature phone. This has a $9.99/mo data pack on it.

Line 2- Parent's line. Ignore.

Line 3- Parent's line. Ignore.

Line 4- The line I just added with a crappy LG Voyager with no data, soon to be the iPhone 4 line.

What I want to do is, when I get the iPhone 4 (Monday hopefully!), this:

Line 1- Put the non-data using LG Voyager on this line and take my data-using feature phone off, but still keep the 2 year contract that was already on the line (i.e. no ETF or anything). With this I could take that $9.99 data off and save $9.99 a month as I don't believe the Voyager "Requires a data pack $X.XX or higher".

Line 2- Ignore.

Line 3- Ignore.

Line 4- Activate the iPhone 4 with the $29.99 data and have this phone be the only one on the plan with any data charges.

Is that possible or am I locked into the 2 year, $9.99/mo price for my current 3G feature phone?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Data is not subject to the contract - it's an added feature that can be removed if the hardware on the line does not require it.

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Just remember - contracts follow the phone number, not the equiment. So if you have a two year contract on line four, whether or not you move the equipment from line four, the two year contract remains.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just remember - contracts follow the phone number, not the equiment. So if you have a two year contract on line four, whether or not you move the equipment from line four, the two year contract remains.

I know, but theat line is going to have th iPhone so we are all good.

Line 1, if I didn't change anything, would have a $9.99 data plan on it with nothing using that data.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I know that verizon started requiring a 9.99 data plan on most feature phones. They require one for my girlfriends envy 3 (what a pos that phone is) and they tried to charge me one when I had the env touch and I think maybe even the voyager but I argued with them that when I signed got the phone they didn't require data plans so they let me slide. I think now they require it for voyagers as well, which have been discontinued if your curious. I would call and ask. Pretty sure if you look at the feature phones, such as env touch (phone that replaced the voyager) it will say data plan required.

nickb1066

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I think you are looking at this all wrong. From what i'm getting your line is currently line 1 and you are the one that is going to be using the iphone. When the phone comes just activate it on line 1 instead of line 4.

Verizon doesn't care what line the phone actually gets activated on and it doesn't come pre activated to a specific line. By ordering it using line 4's upgrade all you did was extend the contract for that line by 2 years. All a contract means is that you must keep that number in service with verizon for 2 years. You can change up features, phones, and plans as you need to as long as you don't cancel service.

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Verizon doesn't care what line the phone actually gets activated on and it doesn't come pre activated to a specific line.

How are you sure of this? Every Verizon rep on the personal and business side that I have talked to has said to activate first, THEN have the ESN swapped.

nickb1066

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
How are you sure of this? Every Verizon rep on the personal and business side that I have talked to has said to activate first, THEN have the ESN swapped.

unless they changed something recently that's how its been with other phones I have got from verizon.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77