Send music from iPhone/iPad to airport express?

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone! I would like to know if I can send music from my iPhone or an iPad to my airport express to play music wirelessly. I know that app remote and it's great but I would like to send music directly fro
My idevice to the express.

Is this possible? And if so what ios? Which device?

Thanks!!

Stef

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Are you running 4.2.1? Airplay was introduced w/ this update, and makes it easy to do what you're asking. Select your music source (iPod, Slacker, even YouTube) and start your music. Airplay will find other ios devices on the same wi-fi network (iPhone, Apple TV, airport express) and pop up an icon to the right of the music controls. Tap the icon and you can select where you want to play the music from. You can stream some forms of video the same way.

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
ok thanks! im not on 4.2.1 but will be updating. I also wanted to know, I have 2 expresses with two speakers. On my Mac/PC i can select both speakers to play at the same time. can this be done with ipod/iphone/ipad? because in the pics i only see that you can select one and not both.

Thanks!

Stef

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
You can't choose multiple speakers with Airplay, but you can with the Remote app. Of course, if you use the remote app, you have to go through your PC/Mac, which is what you were trying to avoid in the first place. Also, the Remote app will only let you stream through iTunes, so you can't stream 3rd party apps, like Slacker or Pandora.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77