Orders already being shipped

adamped92

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
i just talked to a rep, no order even through apple or verizon is going out till the 7th, the emails saying it shipped is just saying its in the shipping log ready to go, apple is sending out their preorders first then verizons, so none of you will get a tracking number till the 7th at the earlest

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
you are all NUTS...if anything at all shipped it woulds be the accessories that were ordered along with the phone. I ordered a few of the iphones through my business acoount and then dpoke to my rep after reading these posts.

He said no way in hell that they are out on the trucks, and that most pre orders WILL be delivered on the 8th or 9th to space out all the activations, but no way anyone gets them sooner. Sorry to burts some bubbles. Looks like we all just have to wait and work, (cause I am sure your bosses love you all wasting time on this b.s.) until next week...

Even though I don't agree with your tone but I agree with the content. No one is getting their iPhone this weekend.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
i just talked to a rep, no order even through apple or verizon is going out till the 7th, the emails saying it shipped is just saying its in the shipping log ready to go, apple is sending out their preorders first then verizons, so none of you will get a tracking number till the 7th at the earlest

No offense to the reps out there, because many get crap from self-entitled customers who yell and scream, etc.

But so far the reps haven't been right or consistent with regard to FRP, add a line, shipment, upgrade eligibility, etc. etc. during this whole pre-order process, whether it's via e-mail, phone, or webchat.

While I doubt any of us will see our pre-orders ship tonight for delivery tomorrow, I wouldn't base shipment details on what a rep just told you.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
How do you guys get these straight up answers from your reps? (correct or not). My rep says nothing other then, I don't know, we can't be sure, maybe, we'll have to wait and see. Just keeps beating around the bush, won't commit to one answer or another (right or wrong)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
My emails from customer service said the same thing as the web sites, delivery "on or before Feb 10th"... I tried to get definition of "before"... they basically told me they are planning to have deliveries on Feb 10th to co-incide with store launch. I beleive the "before" part is a "CYA" in case there are a few that get delivered a day, maybe two early.

Until there are confirmations to the contrary - Expect delivery the 10th, and if you get one sooner, you're lucky - be happy about it.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
while i tend to agree, phone reps are idiots. I just called she said basically no way in hell any of em ship until the 10th, which I believe to be total crap.

Which contradicts the FAQ, which states on or before the 10th. If it ships on the 10th, we're all getting it the 11th.

Reps are nice and helpful and I'm sure 99% are trying to get you the most accurate information, I wouldn't believe anything you hear regarding an iPhone pre-order. I think our best source is one another.

And if someone gets a tracking number today, then they can log into FedEx to see expected date of delivery!

jor-el

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
No offense to the reps out there, because many get crap from self-entitled customers who yell and scream, etc.

But so far the reps haven't been right or consistent with regard to FRP, add a line, shipment, upgrade eligibility, etc. etc. during this whole pre-order process, whether it's via e-mail, phone, or webchat.

While I doubt any of us will see our pre-orders ship tonight for delivery tomorrow, I wouldn't base shipment details on what a rep just told you.

From what I can gather they are inconsistent because Verizon as a company seems to try their damnedest to not give them ANY info. Hell when I walk into the local verizon store a couple of the guys ask me whats comin out next...

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
How do you guys get these straight up answers from your reps? (correct or not). My rep says nothing other then, I don't know, we can't be sure, maybe, we'll have to wait and see. Just keeps beating around the bush, won't commit to one answer or another (right or wrong)

Which honestly is probably the most accurate answer. They don't really know, so he said, I don't know.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
From what I can gather they are inconsistent because Verizon as a company seems to try their damnedest to not give them ANY info. Hell when I walk into the local verizon store a couple of the guys ask me whats comin out next...

Well they highly protect what's coming out next for good reason ... if they knew what was next, they'd have less of a reason to try to get you into a phone today.

However, I do think they held back a lot of info regarding the pre-order from the reps, which was a bad idea.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
My emails from customer service said the same thing as the web sites, delivery "on or before Feb 10th"... I tried to get definition of "before"... they basically told me they are planning to have deliveries on Feb 10th to co-incide with store launch. I beleive the "before" part is a "CYA" in case there are a few that get delivered a day, maybe two early.

Until there are confirmations to the contrary - Expect delivery the 10th, and if you get one sooner, you're lucky - be happy about it.

...and be tickled what ever color we choose?
;)

gamecocks524

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
you are all NUTS...if anything at all shipped it woulds be the accessories that were ordered along with the phone. I ordered a few of the iphones through my business acoount and then dpoke to my rep after reading these posts.

He said no way in hell that they are out on the trucks, and that most pre orders WILL be delivered on the 8th or 9th to space out all the activations, but no way anyone gets them sooner. Sorry to burts some bubbles. Looks like we all just have to wait and work, (cause I am sure your bosses love you all wasting time on this b.s.) until next week...

YouTube - The Other Guys - Big Boy Pants

iPete

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
iPhone shipped

I just now checked my shipping page which said, "Your order has been shipped.":D And, I didn't order any accessories.

Last edited:

johnc1272

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
this is crap

My card has been charge and here is a pic from my order screen. I'm thinking we have this by tomorrow. Just when out today and bought a jawbone and case. Looking forward to getting it all set up tomorrow:D

what the hell is this... this is nothing... useless info

Uplink

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine still hasn't said order shipped yet :( Been checking all day.

But who cares what the customer service verizon people say. They don't know how the shipping is working. Why do you think they all say different answers. So many people say they confirm what will be happening... but all the people's info is different.

I think, the iPhones are actually shipping out today and tomorrow. What would be the incentive to pre order? Why would I stay up to 3 AM to order my iPhone from a limited quantity, if I will just have to wait until the 10th like everyone else. the description is on or before the 10th. the phrase "or before" does not just mean the 9th. it could be anytime, with 10th being the latest. This wasn't a pre order, but more of an order early before everyone else. I really hope they are actually getting shipped today. With Verizon, it takes a while to get the tracking number. I have gotten my item before I have gotten the tracking number in some cases.

I just think it would be dumb if Verizon didn't ship them out today and tomorrow. From a logical standpoint at least.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77