New info From VZW!!!

ddnichols7

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
So my friend called me today and gave me the low down on pre orders, ordering through her etc. Try and follow me and dont quote me on this as far as the truth but she has no reason to lie about all of this she too is part of the apple family.

As far as the 3am on the 3rd pre order....apparently there is approx. 10,000 phone's for the whole US for the pre order. Once they are gone then you have to wait till the 10th to order the phone, yes I said order. Because she also said on the 10th you will be also ordering and they are coming directly from the warehouse and to your door the next day or so. Those who pre order the 3rd your phone will also get to you on or after the 10th. She has me calling her to order my phones and pay for them with credit card or place on account due to me being out of town till the 13th. As far as them selling out when you order in the store, don't count on it, she said they have hundreds of thousands and VZW and Apple are ready for the big day! So........Ture? Dont know she aint a great friend but like I said I dont know why she will lie, Im like this, I will see what happens when it gets here.......

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not true. Never believe a single (multiples reps reading info from an internal memo is different) CSR when it comes to something this big.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Those who pre order the 3rd your phone will also get to you on or after the 10th.

This is also why I call BS. While those who pre-order may receive the package on the 10th, if it gets AFTER the 10th, why would anyone pre-order?

The whole point of a pre-order is so you get it on (or just before) general release day and you don't have to wait in line!!

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So my friend called me today and gave me the low down on pre orders, ordering through her etc. Try and follow me and dont quote me on this as far as the truth but she has no reason to lie about all of this she too is part of the apple family.

As far as the 3am on the 3rd pre order....apparently there is approx. 10,000 phone's for the whole US for the pre order. Once they are gone then you have to wait till the 10th to order the phone, yes I said order. Because she also said on the 10th you will be also ordering and they are coming directly from the warehouse and to your door the next day or so. Those who pre order the 3rd your phone will also get to you on or after the 10th. She has me calling her to order my phones and pay for them with credit card or place on account due to me being out of town till the 13th. As far as them selling out when you order in the store, don't count on it, she said they have hundreds of thousands and VZW and Apple are ready for the big day! So........Ture? Dont know she aint a great friend but like I said I dont know why she will lie, Im like this, I will see what happens when it gets here.......

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Well if VZWs recent twitter post is right, lots of us can just forget getting one:

Q: Can I add a line or buy one at full retail on the 3rd?
A: No, only UPGRADE ELIGIBLE purchases only.

I want to add a new line! WTF Verizon!?

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
As far as the 3am on the 3rd pre order....apparently there is approx. 10,000 phone's for the whole US for the pre order.

orly.jpg

4400093378_65b7ba7781.jpg

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Won't stop you - just delay you a week - come full release on the 10th, add a line should be quite doable in a store or on-line.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Won't stop you - just delay you a week - come full release on the 10th, add a line should be quite doable in a store or on-line.

Then where in my e-mail does it say:

Get the iPhone 4 before everyone else as you are a loyal VZW customer. (As long as you are eligible for an upgrade, if not, have fun with the rat-race).

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for posting this in two threads - both seem relevant.

I don't see anything on their twitter page stating that you have to be eligible for a discounted upgrade. Can anyone post a link to that tweet? Because technically, every existing Verizon Wireless customer is eligible to upgrade their line. Some at a discount, some at full retail...

Andre G

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for posting this in two threads - both seem relevant.

I don't see anything on their twitter page stating that you have to be eligible for a discounted upgrade. Can anyone post a link to that tweet? Because technically, every existing Verizon Wireless customer is eligible to upgrade their line. Some at a discount, some at full retail...

that my friend is so true.. honestly i never heard about that one

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I also got an email that says I can get it and I'm not eligible for an upgrade so I highly doubt that you can only preorder if you are eligible for an upgrade. And for supposedly only having 10,000 that would be a joke and would be worthless to even have a preorder if that was the case. But with verizon nothing would surprise me

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2