Please help !!!!!

BBStorm221

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
hi everyone i have a problem i am currently a t-mobile customer but i love apple so i bought an iphone 4 online but it came with no sim card and i am stuck at the you must insert an valid sim card to activate your phone and since i am not at&t i cannot activate it. also i dont believe its unlocked or jailbroken which i am pretty sure i watched enough videos on how to get that done but i am stuck on just getting the phone past that activation screen without a sim card if anyone could please help it would be greatly appreciated because i am beyond angry right now. so PM me or email me at derekpenzort at ymail.com thanks

P.S. i am also a new with running all these programs so if you could make it as simple as possible that would also be helpful thanks and sorry if im a pain in the ass

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
First question i would ask is whether or not you bought an unlocked iPhone or a carrier locked iPhone from Apple...?

Secondly, if you purchased this phone new from Apple, you're most likely stuck with 4.2.1 right now...to properly jailbreak/unlock, you'll need to go to Redsn0w and download your firmware and the redsn0w file itself, go through the paces, jailbreak the iPhone...and then proceed with an ultrasnow unlock (i understand you said you were new to this, and for that reason, instead of going through all the details in here, i suggest you move your questions over to the jailbreak portion of TiPb.com, where your questions will be better and more fully answered, and you'll get better step by steps, since what you need has been covered endless times).

I'm guessing you have a carrier locked phone for AT&T, and because of this, you will not be able to use it on Tmobile until a jailbreak and unlock is performed...and the unfortunate thing right now is the fact that both of those are strictly limited to a tethered version (and no one really knows when this will change).

Head over to the jailbreak sub forum and they'll help you out with the basics of JB'ing and unlocking.

BBStorm221

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
hey thanks for the info, i just have one other question before i head over to the jailbreak forum, will they help me get it past the activation screen because thats really what im stuck at before i can even do the redsnow and everything else .since i dont have an at&t sim card ?? because right now i cant do anything because im stuck at the activation screen.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Do what Sean said and the Redsn0w unlock and hactivation will fix your problem. until you do that your stuck on that screen