Iphone Jailbreak

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
You would go to apple to have the phone replaced if it was broken. And if they knew it was jail broken, more than likely, no they wouldn't. Jail breaking your iPhone, although legal, voids your warranty. But they have no way of telling that you have jail broke your phone before so if you have to take it in for service, simply restore it before you do so and you wont have a problem. And the would only replace hardware/software malfunctions. If you drop the phone and crack the screen it will be $200 for the replacement.

That's the way it is for AT&T iPhones. Don't know why the verizons iPhone would be amy different

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If a device is Jail broken it will not be covered on any factory warranty and will not be replaced by Verizon. (Unless it is returned to the factory state before returning it or putting a warranty claim on it)

mgrayo01

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Actually, two of the comments above are incorrect. Yes, if you unlock your iPhone (to use on a different carrier) then it voids the warranty. However, if you jailbreak an iPhone there is no way for Apple to know that you have done this. If you somehow "brick" your iPhone when jailbreaking (which I believe is pretty difficult to do) then you can restore it back to factory settings and there is no way for Apple to figure out that anything has changed.

rsd36

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just remember, if something is wrong with your phone (like it messes up for some wierd reason if you jail break it)) then they might not have a replacement for you for a few weeks. Just make sure you can live without it for a bit-o-time..... just in case.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Im a newb here how easy is it to jailbreak? I used to have android phones and rooted them I was just wondering how safe and easy it is to jailbreak since I have never done it before. Also what are some benefits?

uf_gators

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Im a newb here how easy is it to jailbreak? I used to have android phones and rooted them I was just wondering how safe and easy it is to jailbreak since I have never done it before. Also what are some benefits?
same here, and if I needed to restore back to new like I first got it ,can u ? so that apple will replace if batt died,or something like that happen ...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Please remember to search before posting.

There is an entire forum devoted to jailbreaking. It answers all your questions.

Important point - jailbreaking is not for free apps. Saying that it is raises eyebrows and makes people think you are a pirate, and we frown on that.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Please remember to search before posting.

There is an entire forum devoted to jailbreaking. It answers all your questions.

Important point - jailbreaking is not for free apps. Saying that it is raises eyebrows and makes people think you are a pirate, and we frown on that.[

I looked on that forum and didnt say anything about how safe and easy it is to do which is what I asked.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I looked on that forum and didnt say anything about how safe and easy it is to do which is what I asked.

It's relatively easy if one is computer & technologically adept. Safety? Any time you're messing around at the operating system level of a device, there is a risk - you have to decide if you're comfortable enough taking that risk.

That said, the jailbreak forum is there for further discussion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2