Quick question regarding iPhone

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Would the iPhone function just fine with out the "phone" part? Or would the phone be locked out till its activated by ATT?

I'm asking since I have a friend who might look for one off e-bay and he says the touch is too thin for his liking and the iPhone is "just right" but hes happy with his current phone. He also says he likes the screen and camera system better on the iPhone then the touch.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Depending on the model and firmware, it could be hactivated by a jailbreak and then used as an IPT.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Really? I've taken my old iPhones and set them up as simple iPods. No hacking or anything required. Hell I even stuck my parents SIM card on one of them and it worked fine for them. Just took their existing service and did its job.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Really? I've taken my old iPhones and set them up as simple iPods. No hacking or anything required. Hell I even stuck my parents SIM card on one of them and it worked fine for them. Just took their existing service and did its job.

Because yours were already activated :p

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't need an AT&T plan. if you hook it up to itunes, thats all it needs for activation. I have my spare 3GS as a iTunes/AppleTV remote with no sim card.