Deleting email with no internet (exchange)

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I am on my first business trip since switching from BlackBerry to iPhone and iPad.
One thing that really got on my nerves is when I was on a flight, I was going thru my emails and deleting some stuff. However, a second or 2 after I delete, the email comes back into the inbox and I get a message saying something like: unable to delete message since I have no connection to the internet.
So what??!!! Why can't the delete action just get synched later on when I do have a connection?
It worked just fine in blackberry, and my windows laptop.

Anybody know a way around this?
I am using Microsoft Exchange email.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Because on your BB you were using the RIM server. It's unique. Now you are using an exchange account which requires an active connection because everything you do is done on that server.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi Alli,
Thanks for the reply, but I think you are mistaken.
On my BB, yes I was connected to RIM, but RIM was then connected to my exchange server.
Also on my Windows Mobile phone which also uses exchange like my iphone, I don't have this problem either.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi Alli,
On my BB, yes I was connected to RIM, but RIM was then connected to my exchange server.
Also on my Windows Mobile phone which also uses exchange like my iphone, I don't have this problem either.

Anything past the statement in bold is irrelevant.

On my laptop, unless I have marked a folder to be available offline, I cannot access my IMAP email.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi Alli,

the blackberry stored emails locally no matter how you got them if set up as exchange on a iphone the emails are not fully local like a blackberry thats why you cannot delete them

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
RIM maintains an active connection to your mail server. When you receive email, RIM pushes them to your phone. Your phone caches those emails pushed to you. When you delete an email while not connected to a cellular network, it is deleted off the phone. When you reconnect with the network, your phone reconciles emails with RIM's server.

Long story short, a limitation with most mobile mail apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2