Got mine the day before they came out (thanks Apple for the early shipping still!!!) and I dropped it from about 2-3 feet onto a metal table leg (day 1 lol) and no scratch or anything. It has been in a case ever since!
    09-07-2010 03:44 PM
    i bought the case before i bought the phone, as soon as it came out of the box (in my bedroom on the bed) is was covered front and back with invisible shields then put in a hard silicone case.

i'm taking no chances with this one lol
    09-07-2010 04:11 PM
    As it has been stated before in several threads, the iPhone 4's glass is 20x harder than plastic. That doesn't mean it is unscratchable. Keys, probably not since glass is harder (on the Moh's Hardness Scale) than keys. Glass is rated at a 7 and steel is rated at 4.5. Hardened steel is rated at 7.5 (which would scratch glass). So there are many substances that will scratch glass. My tungsten ring is rated at 9.5...it will scratch the glass screens no problem. It all comes down to science.
    I didn't even think about my wedding ring (tungsten carbide). Glad I use a case (Speck Candyshell) and protector (PS Anti-glare).
    09-08-2010 07:56 AM
    Ever since I posted in this thread my phone was dropped by me (saved it prior to smashing into ground and once by my 3 yr old who was brining my phone to me for w/e reason lol. Still no scratches! Thank you Belkin Grip Vue!
    09-08-2010 09:27 AM
    scratched mine on day two of owning it, I didn't want to pay apples ridiculous price for the bumpers so it went nude while I waited for a cheaper alternative. Put it on the small waste bin while I put my shoes on and it fell off, only fell about a foot but got a tiny scratch on the screen, you can imagine how annoyed I was and I notice it every time I use it. Grrrr
    09-08-2010 11:04 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD