New iP4...Still Has Prox Sensor Issues

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I just came back to the iPhone4 after leaving briefly to return to BlackBerry due to my disgust over the proximity issues with both of my previous iP4's...and Apple's new arrogance in customer service. The fact is, that I'm spoiled to the Safari browser and multimedia performance of the iPhone, and the BlackBerry just isn't there yet. So, I'm back and enjoying the iP4...even though it's not without flaws.

I purchased a new iPhone 4...and lo and behold, even my new week-32 iP4 is exhibiting the same PS issues with putting callers on "mute" and hanging up on callers altogether by touching the buttons with my cheek during calls that my other two phones had.:(

I've heard that Apple has brushed this off as a "known problem"...and some claim that the problem went away with the 4.0.1 update. But, clearly that's not a cure for everybody. Has Apple come out with any "fix" for this yet?

BTW...please don't instruct me to hold the phone differently, or just to "live with it" as some have in other threads concerning this problem...please.:)

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It won't be fixed until at least 4.1, due in a few weeks. 4.01 and .02 do NOT fix it. Until then, just push the home button when you connect a call. Therefore no one gets hung up on.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it is purely a software issue. You can exchange phones all you want but the issue isn't going away until the next update. So you are going to have to live with it or do with out the iPhone.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yup Mr. Jobs said in their last press conference a fix would be coming soon in a softare update

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
If it's a software glitch...it can be fixed with an OS update...hopefully coming soon.

I've cooled my jets about it though, and it's not a dealbreaker anymore... just an annoyance. :cool:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well if you have a beard, the hair introduces a layer between your skin and the touchscreen. No skin contact, no accidental touchscreen activation. Duh.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Mine is an intermittant problem...but if the PS is properly functioning, it shouldn't happen at all. It never was an issue with either my 3G or 3GS iPhones.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Mine is an intermittant problem...but if the PS is properly functioning, it shouldn't happen at all. It never was an issue with either my 3G or 3GS iPhones.

Mine is intermittent as well. Not usually a big deal for me until it hangs up a call with tech support for a Dell Server, a call on which was going on 1.5 hours with 45 minutes of hold time in there. AAAHHHH!

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
the only time i have this issue is if i hold the phone on my shoulder with my head and no hands. if i keep the phone in my hands i dont have this issue. hopefully 4.1 fixes the issue so i dont hang up on people while im busy doing things while talking on the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2