shoud i come back?

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i got the iphone 4 when it came out, but att where i live is not the best. the data is Horribly slow (no 3g in my area). so i cancelled and returned my beloved iphone4. i miss it terribly

i got thinking...i dont use alot of data persay, and when i am at home wich is about 75% of the time, i am on wifi. so i am thinking maybe i should just deal with the slow data when i am on EDGE ( and by slow, i mean like i get alot of "cannot connect to page" "cannot check email" etc.. so it is not jsut slow browsing, and get one back and resign up with att. i did not get dropped calls, just slow service..

do any of you that cant get 3g "deal" with the terrbile speeds with EDGE cause you just love your iphone?

thoughts?

Thanks gang

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 2G on T-Mobile, so it's EDGE all the time. I too mostly download apps and what not @ home via wi-fi. EDGE does what I need it to while away from home. I can surf, check mail, etc. Even pull up my WeRule or WeFarm, etc.

I love it!

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I have an iPhone 2G on T-Mobile, so it's EDGE all the time. I too mostly download apps and what not @ home via wi-fi. EDGE does what I need it to while away from home. I can surf, check mail, etc. Even pull up my WeRule or WeFarm, etc.

I love it!

oh i hear you, i had a 3gs over tmobile, but with att edge, it was not how slow it was, it was not working at all most of the time, even with full signal. i would get connection errors all the time, then if put it in airplane mode then back, i would get to surf and what not for a bit, then it would happen again. it was frustrating, but i LOVE the phone...

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I love my iPhone 4. I don't have 3G at home but I do have wifi. So it works for me half my town is 3G and half is still only Edge. Hopefully soon they will convert the tower.

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I love my iPhone 4. I don't have 3G at home but I do have wifi. So it works for me half my town is 3G and half is still only Edge. Hopefully soon they will convert the tower.

do you ever have any connections issues with EDGE? i can deal with it being slow, but 4 min to load a webpage? and the connections timed out errors were getting bad

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'd pick a network with 3G. If you don't have that (then your options are limited), then you may as well get an iphone and cope with edge.

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i get a good 3g signal from verizon where i live..i use android right now, i like it, but i always seem to like IOS better....

3g is NOT a big issue for me. never had it, so i dont miss it. but, if att edge was like my tmobiles i would be very happy..

i jsut keep wondering..HOW can i have such a crappy EDGE connection with full bars??

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Or consider a new ipod next month or maybe even an ipad. Get an android phone or a pre with hotspot app on V.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I hate EDGE. There is literally a tower outside my window so I have full bars. It doesn't take 4 minutes to load a page but it's longer than I like to wait. That is for a mobile page. I do have wifi at home and at work but it's when I'm not at either location, it makes browsing or googling very frustrating.

Looking back, I like the iPhone enough to keep the lower service. I do have a larger employee discount with AT&T. I have been told that 3G is coming to the tower near my house so I'm not too worried. But...

You should always choose your carrier first and your phone second.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
in my hometown ATT isn't 3G anywhere... not for about 25 miles north of there... but as long as your connected to wifi... I don't have a big issue with EDGE where my hometown is, (thank god I live in Cleveland now lol) but 3G or no 3G, I wouldn't go to anything else, I've played around with it all... wouldn't use any other device.. i did for 2 years.. and I won't EVER do that again

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2