Does anyone NOT have a problem with iOS4?

Larzo#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I've got a 32GB 3GS. When I downloaded iOS4, I was psyched. I love the new features, I don't experience a drop in service, and my phone is as fast as ever.

But every post I've seen regarding os4 has been negative or riddled with problems. Is anyone else experiencing OS4 problem free?

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
occasionally when go to Clock app, it will say i'm in a call (you know when you hit home button during a call). But i'm really not. Weird. Not really a problem for me. but its definitely a bug.

capeharleyguy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I am totally pleased with mine! I had no problems with the install, 1 hour to download the 380MB file but 15 minutes to install and no issues with data, spotty service, etc. :) At first the battery seemed to use more juice BUT I think I was playing with it and folders and all for a while so I might not be able to blame the OS!
I checked how much juice it used in standby overnight and it went from 77% to 73% so that has been fine!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
i have no issues either! as for reception issues, i been having those for the past 2 years so its nothing new to me

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I have no issues with IOS 4 at all. It is a great update and is making it okay that I do not yet have the new iPhone.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I have iOS4 on my 3GS, and notice that one particular game is a bit laggy now, but that's my only complaint. And a very minor one at that.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a 32gb 3GS and I love the new iOS! I just wish more apps would hurry and update to be compatible - but that has nothing to do with how amazing the new OS is :)

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I love it! Don't have any trouble and other than wanting to tether my iPad, I wouldn't even think about JB. It's great!

l1ghtn1ng

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
My 3G lagged a little and seem to die faster but that was a 3G. 4.0 on my iPhone 4 works perfectly, I haven't experienced any antenna problems, do yellow adhesive or anything. I feel like people are really over exaggerating.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My 3G lagged a little and seem to die faster but that was a 3G. 4.0 on my iPhone 4 works perfectly, I haven't experienced any antenna problems, do yellow adhesive or anything. I feel like people are really over exaggerating.

Well the antenna issue is REAL and I don't see anyone over exaggerating it. It is what it is. The reason some have it and some don't has been explained. You are just in an area with a very strong signal. But if you moved out of that area you could replicate this very easily. I believe ALL these iPhone 4 have this issue, so it isn't some phones or a bad batch. It is all of them. Fortunately most use a case and so they may never see the issue because a case that protects the aluminum antenna band appears to prevent the issue all together. Though some in very weak signal areas are saying they are still have reception problems even when using the bumpers when compared to a 3G or 3GS in the same location.

I know in our hearts we all want to minimize this, but the fact is this is real.

The yellow adhesive thing, I've not seen any iPhone 4 with this problem and we've now had 12 iPhone 4's that we've been testing for the antenna issue.

Last edited:

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
ios4 worked great for me on my 3gs and is the same on my i4 i think the os is the single best part of the new phone

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Well the antenna issue is REAL and I don't see anyone over exaggerating it. It is what it is. The reason some have it and some don't has been explained. You are just in an area with a very strong signal. But if you moved out of that area you could replicate this very easily. I believe ALL these iPhone 4 have this issue, so it isn't some phones or a bad batch. It is all of them. Fortunately most use a case and so they may never see the issue because a case that protects the aluminum antenna band appears to prevent the issue all together. Though some in very weak signal areas are saying they are still have reception problems even when using the bumpers when compared to a 3G or 3GS in the same location.

I know in our hearts we all want to minimize this, but the fact is this is real.

The yellow adhesive thing, I've not seen any iPhone 4 with this problem and we've now had 12 iPhone 4's that we've been testing for the antenna issue.

hmmm.... i beleive its real but explain something, my friend and i both have iPhone 4's and we live in the same house, we both went out back to BBQ and he loses 1 bar when held differently and mines stay the same... why?

and Note: we did it about 10 times with same results!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
hmmm.... i beleive its real but explain something, my friend and i both have iPhone 4's and we live in the same house, we both went out back to BBQ and he loses 1 bar when held differently and mines stay the same... why?

and Note: we did it about 10 times with same results!

Because like I told you in anther thread you have a special phone! LOL

No one can explain that, but I can tell you one thing. I guarantee you I could get your phone to do it. If you sent me your phone and I sent you mine, we both have the same results we do now. You seem to think your phone doesn't have the problem, but I think all these phones can replicate this issue.

In our testing we found that some phones dropped the signal quicker than others, we also found that some phones didn't drop out all together, while others did in the exact same location. We tested 12 iPhone 4's in total!

Like I said in another thread I think these iPhone 4's have two issues. One is the antenna band, the other is the issue that Apple has acknowledged which is the misrepresented signal strength on the signal indicator. Which could also explain why some phones show different signal strength.

I've taken many phones over the years... both identical and one would have a stronger signal than the other.. Could anyone explain that? Same phone, specs, but one has a stronger signal on the signal indicator

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77