should i cancel my preorder??

jlevine31

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
So, despite preordering from the apple website my order still says not yet shipped, but promises a June 24 delivery date. Which I can't imagine is possible at this point.
My thought was I would wait until later tonight and if I don't get any tracking info. by than just cancel the order and line up tomorrow at an apple store (despite having wanted to avoid the lines, just not my thing).

What would you do??

Mike Whooo

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
i called apple they told me i can t do this that i would not be able to because my eligablity would not show up but i called att and did the *639# thing and they both still say i am

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm in a similar circumstance and I'll tell you what I am planning on doing.

I reserved a phone for pickup at the Apple store, but didn't think that it went through fully. I never got a confirmation e-mail about my reservation. So, I ended up pre-ordering a phone for delivery on 7/2 the next day. A couple of days ago, I got the reminder email to show up for my reserved iphone tomorrow.

Instead of cancelling the internet order immediately, I am waiting until I actually have the phone in hand tomorrow morning. Then I will cancel the online order. Hopefully that will work.

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
NO! Don't cancel. Lots of reports over at Hofo that people are getting their phones today even without tracking updates. I think you'd find yourself in worse shape if you cancel the order IMO. You could wind up not getting one at the store and waiting until mid July. I'd wait it out.

jlevine31

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I hear you. The only thing I find worrisome is that they haven't charged my card. Which leads me to believe it can't have been shipped

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
If you already have a working cellphone just wait. Is it really that big of a deal if it gets delivered a day late? But I guess if you don't have anything else to do go ahead and wait in line.

jlevine31

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
If you already have a working cellphone just wait. Is it really that big of a deal if it gets delivered a day late? But I guess if you don't have anything else to do go ahead and wait in line.

Nope..not that big a deal really. I'm just wondering with the constantly conflicting answers I've gotten from apple reps whether the order will actually go through. In which case I'd rather move and get one tomorrow rather than wait until july.

jlevine31

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Not that this is particularly interesting....but just to report some closure.
So I called apple last night to see if my order had gone through. Turns out on this my fourth call they informed me that they had been unable to get AT&T to accept for reasons unknown. They called AT&T with me on the phone and after 1 hour! With multiple shifts between managers they came to the inexplicable conclusion they could not port my number without me having a prior AT&T account. Which of course makes 0 sense but I was so sick of talking to them I basically hung up cancelled my order bit the bullet and just went to an apple store today. Long story but I happily have a new phone in hand!

willows3

Jun 10, 2010
www.myspace.com
I just got off the phone with apple and they said that my phone isn't shipped yet- dispite the June 24th delivery date- she said that AT&T is holding the order and they are waiting for the pending to be removed..it needs to be authorized through AT&T first before they release it because of the special pricing...its bull****. it's been more than 7 days..they couldnt get through all the orders by now?!

jlevine31

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with apple and they said that my phone isn't shipped yet- dispite the June 24th delivery date- she said that AT&T is holding the order and they are waiting for the pending to be removed..it needs to be authorized through AT&T first before they release it because of the special pricing...its bull****. it's been more than 7 days..they couldnt get through all the orders by now?!
I've got to tell you I would not count on getting the order. After that marathon with Att on the phone, it became clear there was a screwup on the part of att which was not going to be corrected and apple is not going to be the ones to push it through! Your situation sounds an awful lot like what happened to me.
Good lucK!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2