I searched around a bit, but did not see the answer I seek and didn't want to start a new topic. Anyways, I'm trying to figure out who is the misinformed one in this case, AT&T or Apple Stores. So I was unable to pre-order due to the awesome server meltdown, so I'm attempting to walk-in. The issue is, AT&T is not offering the walk-in service until next week, so I'm wanting to try my luck at my local Apple store. My issue is I am NOT the primary on my account, my wife is. I am however an authorized user and know all of the necessary info. I called two different apple stores this morning asking if they are doing walk-ins and at what time. Then I asked if I am able to purchase the phone at my upgrade price without my wife being there, and both the different Apple Store employees said yes, as long as I am an authorized user I can upgrade But NOT add a line. They said all I will need to know is my wife's last 4 on her social and the billing zip. Then I called AT&T just to double check and they said that it was impossible for me to upgrade without my wife present at an Apple store and I can only purchase the iPhone 4 at a corporate AT&T location. So who is lying? haha I really need to know as my wife will NOT under any circumstance wait in line for MY phone!! haha

Rant/

Thanks
    Cole
    I am in the same boat. My wife's name is on the account but I am also an authorized user. I went to The Apple Store and they said that I would be able to buy our phones (by the way, pre ordered 2 and a longtime ATT/Iphone guy).

My plan is to go after I get off work (I work early so about 11am). The ATT person that my wife spoke to said that if I run into any problems (as there well may be) to call 611 and have someone from the APPLE store talk to the ATT person. If I still can't buy it as an authorized user, my wife will just meet me at the Apple store later in the day but they better not sell our phones if I have to wait 7 hours between standing in line the first and the second time.
    06-23-2010 11:44 PM
    Green Hills mall - Nashville, TN.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I pre-ordered. I'm quite convinced I'm the only person who knows how to use a smartphone in this state. There's no danger of running out of stock.
    Me too...
    06-23-2010 11:47 PM
    looks like we might be the only ones camping out at att in san Marcos tx
    06-23-2010 11:49 PM
    If you get there at 4am an the line is around the corner, please post it here and I won't even bother coming in the morning! . I'll bring you breakfast if you let me cut!
    06-23-2010 11:59 PM
    I'm headed to the Willowbrook Mall in Nj in a few hours, i've got one rserved but a paranoid friend of mine couldnt get through online that day so he wants to go and wait in line, I'm gonna be a good friend and wait with him haha
    Let me know what the lines look like at Willowbrook.
    I have one of my pre-orders there and a couple at
    Garden State.
    06-24-2010 12:04 AM
    Let me know what the lines look like at Willowbrook.
    I have one of my pre-orders there and a couple at
    Garden State.
    Just had a friend drive over there to scope out how everything was, and the mall security chased him away from waiting in line outside the mall, told him to come back at 6am, seems like it may be a mad rush to the door later, but ill post again once i get there and let you know how it is
    06-24-2010 12:06 AM
    Just had a friend drive over there to scope out how everything was, and the mall security chased him away from waiting in line outside the mall, told him to come back at 6am, seems like it may be a mad rush to the door later, but ill post again once i get there and let you know how it is
    Lmfao @ a mad dash. I don't mind those... long
    legs.

Thanks for the heads up.
    06-24-2010 12:17 AM
    Im at the Apple Store Saddle Creek Germantown, TN. NOW!!! GO iPhone 4!!
    How big is the line? Can you up pics?
    06-24-2010 12:17 AM
    Bridge Street Town Centre, Huntsville AL. I'm on vacation in Alabama this year, so I had to do the reservation thing for launch day. Last year I was in Columbus, GA for the 3GS launch (again on vacation) and was able to walk into an AT&T kiosk at the mall with no line/waiting. Not counting on being that lucky this year.
    06-24-2010 12:28 AM
    Yep, I'll be at Baybrook Mall in Houston, although I may not get there until 8 or so. I'll be the guy with two small kids in tow. (Don't worry. I'll have my iPad and old iPhone to keep them busy in line.)

In Houston. BayBrook Mall anyone?
    06-24-2010 12:30 AM
    How big is the line? Can you up pics?

Past Loft now...
    06-24-2010 01:10 AM
    I'm in line at the Apple Store on Lincoln Road in South Beach... They've already started cutting off the line and are telling people that they can not guarantee iPhones beyond a certain point....

Its Crazy!!! It's only 1:00am...

Can't wait to get my hands on mine!!!!!!!!
    06-24-2010 01:11 AM
    I'm in line at the Apple Store on Lincoln Road in South Beach... They've already started cutting off the line and are telling people that they can not guarantee iPhones beyond a certain point....

Its Crazy!!! It's only 1:00am...

Can't wait to get my hands on mine!!!!!!!!
    Post PICS!!
    06-24-2010 01:21 AM
    I have 1 shirt left! Come n get it. Lines starting to wrap around.
    Is that the line at wood field?

Is there a long line of those with reseevations. Thanks
    06-24-2010 01:29 AM
    Is that the line at wood field?

Is there a long line of those with reseevations. Thanks
    We have about 50 give or take in line as of now
    06-24-2010 01:50 AM
    We have about 50 give or take in line as of now
    Are they all walk In's or reservation people too

Sorry to be a pain

Thanks

Dan
    06-24-2010 01:55 AM
    Are they all walk In's or reservation people too

Sorry to be a pain

Thanks

Dan
    That was actually going to be my question. I want
    to know if these are reserves or walk-ins.
    06-24-2010 02:01 AM
    That was actually going to be my question. I want
    to know if these are reserves or walk-ins.
    Great minds think alike. If these are reserves, I'm heading down within an hour.
    06-24-2010 02:03 AM
    If you reserved the phone, is there a chance you won't get it tomorrow?
    06-24-2010 02:06 AM
    Manager here told us 1st come 1st serve for everyone... So yeah a possibility you wont have one tomorrow.
    06-24-2010 02:08 AM
    From what I have been told, if you reserved it ,then it will be there. I am worried about the activation time and problems that could arise later in the morning. We will find out soon enough.
    06-24-2010 02:09 AM
    Manager here told us 1st come 1st serve for everyone... So yeah a possibility you wont have one tomorrow.
    wow.. that sucks! Totally defeats the purpose of reservation...
    06-24-2010 02:09 AM
    wow.. that sucks! Totally defeats the purpose of reservation...
    You basically get in and out faster....
    06-24-2010 02:11 AM
    But I did hear what diaz2010 heard. That's why I am debating leaving now.
    06-24-2010 02:12 AM
    Since i am up talking anyways, i might as well just get on the road...see ya all down there...I will be in a bright orange "ocelot" t shirt and black black hawks hat...drive safe
    06-24-2010 02:14 AM
144 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD