When I get the I4 on the 24th, Will I still be able to use the accessories I got for my 3GS, ie remote, component av cable, and universal dock ? Also, can roll over my AppleCare protection plan I just got in January when I purchased my 3GS.
    06-11-2010 11:05 AM
    When I get the I4 on the 24th, Will I still be able to use the accessories I got for my 3GS, ie remote, component av cable, and universal dock ? Also, can roll over my AppleCare protection plan I just got in January when I purchased my 3GS.
    Universal dock, yes, iPhone 3G/3GS dock no. Component AV cable and remote yes, but no you can't roll over your your AppleCare unfortunately.
    06-11-2010 11:20 AM
    Thanks J, I think I'm gonna skip the AppleCare this time.
    06-11-2010 11:41 AM
    Yeah, I end up buying the new phone every year so there's no point in buying AppleCare.
    06-11-2010 12:37 PM
    I bought one copy of Apple Care and it is still shrink wrapped. I am saving it for the day I actually might need it "ie; phone comes up on 1 year mark, and I decide not to upgrade." ... So far, haven't had to open it up
    06-11-2010 01:27 PM
    Damn jsntrenkler, that's what I should have did. Maybe I will get another one because I very much doubt there will be another hardware update anytime soon after the I4 .
    06-11-2010 05:59 PM
    Damn jsntrenkler, that's what I should have did. Maybe I will get another one because I very much doubt there will be another hardware update anytime soon after the I4 .
    There will be another hardware update at the same time next year. It's routine. >_>
    06-11-2010 06:08 PM
    Thanks J, I think I'm gonna skip the AppleCare this time.
    The good thing is that if you decide to sell the 3Gs having the AppleCare will mean you can ask for top range of price since the buyer is getting the AppleCare with the phone.
    06-11-2010 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD