Dangers of Getting iPhone 4 Early?

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Any of you know of any previous past issues with getting the iPhones early as soon as the first batch of them are out and released? Im hesistant to get it on the June 24th. Im coming from a Blackberry where mostly every phone had a bad batch at the beginning of the releases. But i thought i heard something about iPhones in the past. Anything anybody?:eek:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
While there is always a device or two around, I can't recall anything like that with the 3GS release last year. Apple also has an amazing return/exchange policy. You make an appointment, walk in, and they fix it right there and then or exchange it with a new one on the spot.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
The big danger: getting one's @ss kicked out of envy for having one on 06.24.10 j/k

I got my 3GS on July 1 last year, fairly shortly after the initial launch & had zero issues. I used to be w/Sprint, and it seems like their new phones - especially the smart phones/higher end - always had issues w/the first run. IDK about the iPhones, but I'm willing to find out for the iPhone 4.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
While there is always a device or two around, I can't recall anything like that with the 3GS release last year. Apple also has an amazing return/exchange policy. You make an appointment, walk in, and they fix it right there and then or exchange it with a new one on the spot.

Yep, and if you're not in the area of an apple store they will send you a free shipping box for your iPhone and send you a brand new one in 3 business days.

It's nice.

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
apple's phones are usually pretty solid. and if you do have a problem within the first year apple will take care of you. if you have any issues get applecare and it gives you an extra year of warranty plus unlimited phone support.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I got my 3G on launch day and also my 3GS on launch day and had NO problems with either. Apple tends to make solid products and normally won?t release them if they have any known issues. That may be why they only release 1 phone per year. They take pride in their products. Alot of the other companies and phones you see come out release more than 3 phones a year. When you start releasing a bunch of different products a year you tend to rush or half do things.

echaos1210

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
I got my 3G on launch day and also my 3GS on launch day and had NO problems with either. Apple tends to make solid products and normally won?t release them if they have any known issues. That may be why they only release 1 phone per year. They take pride in their products. Alot of the other companies and phones you see come out release more than 3 phones a year. When you start releasing a bunch of different products a year you tend to rush or half do things.

I couldnt have said it better

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
If you get a phone, and it has an issue within the first year, Apple will give you a new one, can't get any better than that!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Any of you know of any previous past issues with getting the iPhones early as soon as the first batch of them are out and released? Im hesistant to get it on the June 24th. Im coming from a Blackberry where mostly every phone had a bad batch at the beginning of the releases. But i thought i heard something about iPhones in the past. Anything anybody?:eek:

I had a first batch iPhone 3G. After a few months the sleep/wake button started to sink into the phone. Then it started to get pretty hot while charging. About a week before my 1 year warranty was up I called Apple and they replaced it for free.

So I wouldn't worry, as long as it's not physical damage Apple will replace it within the first year.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking forward to being covered by the apple warranty process. at&t's warranty process stinks. (coming from a blackberry)

sidspappy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So the consensus is that the iPhone is a solid product, and Apple stands behind their product. That's good to know. I've heard lots of horror stories about bad Apple service. I picked up the Apple Care, and my local AT&T rep claims they will honor service above and beyond what the Apple Care covers. I will believe that when I see it, of course.

Still, I'm hoping the feelings about Apple here are reflected in reality - should I need the service.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
So the consensus is that the iPhone is a solid product, and Apple stands behind their product. That's good to know. I've heard lots of horror stories about bad Apple service. I picked up the Apple Care, and my local AT&T rep claims they will honor service above and beyond what the Apple Care covers. I will believe that when I see it, of course.

Still, I'm hoping the feelings about Apple here are reflected in reality - should I need the service.

Whatever bad things you hear about Apple, multiply the negativity by 10 for virtually every other cellphone manufacturer out there.

My friend had a Sony phone for 3 months, the buttons started chipping off from regular use. She sent it in for repair, she got it back 8 months later, and they charged her $30.

Just to give you an idea of how bad it gets with other companies.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I've used Apple's genius bar many times we have 8 Macs at work. It's hit and miss but the problem is never with Apple but with the genius. If you have a problem you can usually ask for a supervisor and you will get good treatment unless you're being unreasonable which I've also seen. The iPhone service though is a whole different ballgame and every time I've been in there I have never seen a customer being treated bad it's actually better than what I would expect because I've heard some stories that you just know are lies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2