Iphone smashed.. suggestions on what to replace it with... Ipad? iphone, wait.. etc

egglesto

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Sad day, found my iphone I lost last night on way home on my motorcycle. It fell off my belt clip.. :eek: Never going to use that stupid type of holster again.. :mad:

So I found it this AM, and it is smashed into a lot of pieces.. I did recover the sim card though for all the good that will do.

So I am wondering what to do.. I use the iphone daily, mainly for email, messaging, accessing my google calendar.. etc.. when I ride, I use a weather app that shows me the weather radar A LOT.. and I use google maps as well. I do use the browser once in a while, but the iphone screen size is a limitation that is annoying..

I know the new iphone release is due out soon, and I am eligible for a phone upgrade in August.. and I have heard that AT&T may move that up for some customers.. ok AT&T chat just said I do have an early upgrade option for the iphone.. but no date on when new iphone will be out.

An ipad would fit into my saddle bag and not be so apt to fall off along the road.. and a cheaper phone that I could get insurance for are things I am considering..

So what would you do? Get a cheap trac phone and wait till new iphone comes out? get a 3g ipad and a cheap cell phone.. ? :confused:

Thanks
Chris

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm not sure you can get an ipad that quickly. They seem to be out of stock. And about 2-3 weeks to get one via the apple online store.

Buy an iphone or other and you got 30 days to return it.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
or buy an at&t burner phone until WWDC in very early june... tuesday is normally the keynote by steve, and we'll get an idea what we're talking about for the 4th gen iphone..

websyndicate

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Many users say that they use the iPhone less now that they have their ipad.

Really boils down to how much do you need a phone. Lucky for me everybody call my google voice number so my call are routed to me not matter what phone I am at :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2