Copy number from SMS to contacts

sharpcroft

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but i have tried searching (here and google) but the problem with the forum search is you get and error when searching sms as its only 3 letters!!!

Anyway i lost a couple of contacts numbers so got a friend to text them to me the message was more or less as follows,

"Hi Sharpcroft here are the numbers John Doe XXXXXXXXXX, Jane Doe XXXXXXXXXX"

How the hell do i copy each individual number to a new (or original) contact?? The only option i seem to get is to copy the whole body of text and if i tap or tap and hold the number it opens it up in the dialer app and starts to call the number??

I hope there is a simple answer as coming from Nokia's and Palm Pre i just assumed there would be a "save to contacts" option on a pop-up or similar??

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Good question. I sent an SMS message to myself with a number embedded. You're right, the copy option only applies to the entire message. I wish I could copy/paste inside the SMS message whatever I want, but I personally think it's a limitation of the bubble format of the messages. Anyways, here is a screenshot:

This shows the message with the number embedded. See the arrow at the side of the second message?

474ea642.jpg

When you press it, it should send you to a second screen where you can do what you want with that number. Hopefully this answers your question.

Last edited:

sharpcroft

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Cheers for that, it even separated the 2 numbers that where contained within the one message and allowed me to save them as different contacs.

Thanks again :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll