How to change ringtone for Favorite contacts?

cameront19

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, this is my first post in the forums! I thought this would be the best place to ask a question that's been bothering me for awhile now.

Anyway, I'll first say that I've done this before, but I can't (for the life of me) remember how to do it. I know it's something simple, but nonetheless, I've had a bit of a brain lapse :p

Alright, to actual question. Awhile back, I set a special ringtone for only my favorite contacts. I've gotten used to this because I can usually tell whether it's a telemarketer just by the ringtone. I went to do this tonight after copying a new ringtone to my phone, and I can't find the setting anywhere. I'm certain it's just an option I'm overlooking, or have they removed the feature in 3.1.3?

Thanks in advance! I hope it's not too noobish of a question.

cameront19

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I apologize, I forgot to mention that the setting changed the ringtone for all of my Favorites... Seems like it said something like "Use ringtone for all favorites" or something along those lines. It wasn't done on each individual contact... Or am I still overlooking something in the contact setting?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There isn't a setting (AFAIK) that will change all favorites. Maybe you're thinking of another phone? You just have to go into each contact one at a time and change the ringtone.

cameront19

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
did you have a third party contacts app installed at some point?

I know for fact that I've never used any third party apps that duplicate the functions of the apps installed by default. I'm beginning to think this feature was removed or something, but I swear I did this when I was just playing around with my phone after I first got it.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I know for fact that I've never used any third party apps that duplicate the functions of the apps installed by default. I'm beginning to think this feature was removed or something, but I swear I did this when I was just playing around with my phone after I first got it.

Nope, this has never been a feature on the iPhone. Not sure what you are thinking of.

charlie1432

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
This is where you need to be: Settings\ Notification Center \ Mail \ VIP \ Alert Sound

However, I used to have the option of using a song as the ringtone. That option is no longer available as far as I can see.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This is where you need to be: Settings\ Notification Center \ Mail \ VIP \ Alert Sound

However, I used to have the option of using a song as the ringtone. That option is no longer available as far as I can see.

Dude, way to resurrect a thread that’s over FOUR YEARS OLD. JFA SMH

DarkStarry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
This is a perfectly reasonable question. I did the same thing.

Go to settings then go to do not disturb.

You will probably find you have indicated it should allow calls only from favourites. This effectively silences everyone else.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2