iphone and windows 7 crashing?

vels_11

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
i have windows 7, my phone crashed a couple weeks ago,
i did get my iphone up and running,
i used windows xp to, all i had to do was restore it.
the first time that i plugged my phone in to this windows 7, thats what messed it up, i decided to also try my ipod nano, which messed up aswell..
the phone was running fine till last night, (i restored it about 2 weeks ago), i was getting an app from installous (its jailbroken obv.), it wasnt installing, so i decided to turn my phone off then on again, when i went to turn it back on, it started starting up with the apple logo, then it just went off! i tried again same thing. so then i tried holding the home + top button, it went to the itunes sign then shut off... it currently will only go to the apple logo then go black.
is there anything i can do about this problem?

is there something in my computer settings on windows 7 that i need to change so my itunes can detect my iphone? currently it will not. do i need to download something? or is iphones just not compatible with windows 7?
thanks in advance!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My iPhone has always worked fine with Windows 7. There is one known issue with a certain intel chipset, not sure if there is a patch yet or fix. Or it could be the jailbreak causing problems.

vels_11

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
well apparently a lot of people don't have any problems with windows 7.
could it have something to do with it being jailbroken on windows xp?

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
No. And as fare as I know, the issue was with the Intel chipset, not Windows.
Have you tried putting the iPhone in DFU-Mode, restore and set it up as new?

vels_11

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
No. And as fare as I know, the issue was with the Intel chipset, not Windows.
Have you tried putting the iPhone in DFU-Mode, restore and set it up as new?

how do i fix this issue with the intel chipset? i don't exactly understand this DFU-mode, but i have restored it, and set it up as a new phone.
right now it's currently bricked.

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
how do i fix this issue with the intel chipset? i don't exactly understand this DFU-mode, but i have restored it, and set it up as a new phone.
right now it's currently bricked.

I'm sorry but I don't how to fix the problem with the Intel Chipset. If there still is a problem with the chipset. Are you sure that you actually have that certain chipset in your computer?

I would like to help you, but you need to be more specific on the description.
Can it boot up? What do you see on the screen if it can't boot fully up? The "connect to USB"-picture?

vels_11

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
i have a brand new Acer, maybe it doesnt have that certain chipset?

when i hold the on/off button, it does show the apple logo when its about to start up. then it just goes to the connect to itunes.

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Try jailbreaking it with Blackra1n. Otherwise try deleting the ipsw fra the iTunes folder or restore it on another computer. Search Youtube to see how you put the iPhone in DFU-Mode ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2