Duplicate Contacts

Henry David

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I made the mistake of trying to sync my iPhone with both of my laptops (work and home) and my work desktop (PC). Now I have a lot of duplicate contacts and calendar items although not every one is duplicated. When I delete a duplicate contact or calendar item on my iPhone, it deletes the one that is on my work laptop and desktop. I have not synced my iPhone with my laptop at home since this happened for fear that it will wipe out all of my contacts and calendar items. I am using Outlook at work and it is set-up to sync my desktop and laptop when I log on. :eek:

I am not very savy when it comes to the syncing process. My goal was to have all of the inofrmation on all three computers be the same.

Please provide some easy to follow advice on how to remedy this problem

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
i had the same issue...all my contacts were duplicated...i had to erase them one by one which was a PITA. Im not sure how u can have 3 comps with the same info but hopefully someone can chime in and help u out :)

spiderman001728

May 8, 2009
Visit site
i hate that. its probably easier to delete duplicates on the computer than sync them back...if possible try using google sync for your contacts... its awesome and you never have to worry about syncing, losing or having duplicates again......i use it and made my whole family use it as well

Henry David

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
So I was thinking that I would have to delete the Apple software from all three computers, then delete the duplicates on the phone, then reinstall the Software and Sync my phone with just one computer. What do you think about this approach?

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
So I was thinking that I would have to delete the Apple software from all three computers, then delete the duplicates on the phone, then reinstall the Software and Sync my phone with just one computer. What do you think about this approach?
you dont want to do this

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
just pick 1 pc and sync contacts with, uncheck the other 2 when the phone is connected to it, or delete the sync partnership.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
you only want to sync contacts with one computer or else get a service like mobile me for one source and sync a second one directly