Coding Question

dmoyer5454

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Alright well I just have a few questions about coding. First off i've never coded but I am really interested in it and would like to create a maybe simple application for the desktop computer. I would like to make a simple app that has two buttons just like iTunes .. A restore button and except for the update button I would like a backup button. Haha it's a long story but pretty much my mom had me jb her phone and not knowing she had to back it up I restored it and she lost everything :(.. So for my first project I would like to know what do I need to know exactly? What program do I build this on? What all do I need to know.. Btw I'm on a windows pc.. Thanks in advance !!

Dmoyer 5454 :)

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Are you saying you want to make an iTunes variant to backup jailbreak iPhones and you have never done programming?

My short answer:
you need about three years of programming classes and a couple years real world experience. That's a major undertaking

I would go a different direction. Don't jailbreak your mom's phone.

dmoyer5454

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Alright well I understand it's very hard to learn and everything but I was just wandering if someone could just guide me in the right dirrection as to what I need to Lear. Such as language level of difficulty. I knew it would be challanging but I didint know it would be to hard to just write some code to recognize the iPhone and link it to some directory to back it up.. Anyhing else would be greatly appreated thanks

dmoyer5454

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Why exactly would I have to deconstruct apples code? I'm a little confused here haha.. Geohot can at the click of a button put the iPhone in dfu mode and then run a jb I just want to backup my iPhone with more of ease

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
Why exactly would I have to deconstruct apples code? I'm a little confused here haha.. Geohot can at the click of a button put the iPhone in dfu mode and then run a jb I just want to backup my iPhone with more of ease

cuz i doubt the dev team or geohot will give out the code how they got it work with apple's usb driver to work.

you would still have to know, interact with apples usb driver hardware level to software interaction.

techshoe#WN

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
You want to code an app for backup and restoring data? That's going to take a lot of learning. At least 2-3 years. Direction? Go and take programming classes. Should help a bit.

dmoyer5454

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Wow thanks guys you are deffinetly mailing it clear here haha so thank you but uhm can I code any apps on windows to interact with my iPhone? Like is it possible and what can I code it in haha like visual basic? Any other input would be goood thank you guys !!

Uproarmedia

Nov 3, 2009
www.uproarmedia.com
While I disagree going the assembly route, I do agree it's not something you are going to pick up over night.

First I suggest you start learning how to program, in any object oriented language. Syntax can be referenced, but logical thinking has to be developed.

Second, I suggest you look for more information on the ipodservicelib which contains APplication Interfaces (API)s for interfacing with iPod. I have NO idea if this will work with the iPhone or not, that is something you'll have to research.

Good luck!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
For normal interface into the iPhone/iPod no assembly is NOT the way to go. To go about putting the phone into DFU, doing backups and restores? The traditional APPLE API doesn't expose such things.

Uproarmedia

Nov 3, 2009
www.uproarmedia.com
Maybe I didn't understand what they are trying to accomplish. I read it as doing regular data backups and restores, not entire device restores.

Either way, it's not something that will happen overnight with zero prior programming experience/knowledge.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77