I Tunes crashed my Iphone

shauny

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
hello,

so i installed the latest version of I Tunes which went swimmingly and then updated my iphone to install the latest software, all ok, but then when i go to my iphone on itunes it says my sim card is not supported by this and i must go to the correct carrier. I brought the phone in Dubai as thats were i live and you dont even get a simcard with it, it was working fine until i installed itunes.
Now my screen has frozen on an imagine which tells me to plug my usb into itunes and will only let me make emergency calls, ive tried everything, reseting by hiolding home and sleep, but i cant get off this screen,

what to do?

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
Where did you buy your phone from? It doesn't sound like an iTunes problem, it sounds like you had an unlocked iPhone and when you updated the iPhone's firmware, it undid the unlock. In updating your phone's firmware through iTunes, you updated the baseband, which they haven't figured out how to crack yet.

Only thing you can really do, is find out which carrier your phone is supposed to be on and get their sim card.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The above post is 100% accurate. Unfortunately there is nothing else you can do if you updated to the latest software. Unless of course you switched to a supported iPhone carrier in your area.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2