iPhone Swapping

Stugots-II

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
About 3 months ago I bought an iPhone 3GS 16gb. I was thinking of buying a 32gb at the time but the guy at the AT&T store kind of talked me out of it, stupid. One of my friends just bought a 3GS 16gb and he could still return it within 30 days. I was just wondering if I would be able to keep my apps and he would too if he returned his 16gb for a 32gb. I in return would give him my 16 besides paying the difference. Is there anything special we would have to do? If I were to plug the new 32gb into my computer after the swap, will my apps still be saved to be able to put on the new one? I have Apple Care and was also wondering how that would affect things.

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
I have no clue about Apple Care, but your apps are tied to your iTunes account not your phone. Just sync with iTunes when you get the other phone.

- iFizz

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Well considering you guys are friends, I wouldn't think Apple care would be an issue. I'd think if Apple said anything you could just call your friend?

As someone else said, just re-sync the new phone. Back up your phone, make sure he does the same thing on his computer, have him get the 32, trade and swap SIMs, then resync your phones restoring from your own respective backups. And you're done.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Well considering you guys are friends, I wouldn't think Apple care would be an issue. I'd think if Apple said anything you could just call your friend?

As someone else said, just re-sync the new phone. Back up your phone, make sure he does the same thing on his computer, have him get the 32, trade and swap SIMs, then resync your phones restoring from your own respective backups. And you're done.

As simple as that. ^^^ :)

As long as your apps, free and purchased, are synced on your iTunes you
can re-sync any iPhone/iTouch on the same iTunes with the same apps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77