Battery question - I find this odd

blaze98

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Ok i have a 2G 8 gig Iphone, with a 3G sim card in it. I jailbroke it and unlocked it and i am able to send and receive call now ( after having to deal with the "push" issue blocking incomming calls) The battery only lasts a MAX of 6 hours and then is completly dead, I dont have a data plan so im not surfing the web at work. I keep it at my desk at work and only check it every so often and the battery drains so fast. i had wondered if this had to due with the 2g phone having a 3g sim card in it and maybe it keeps looking for a 3g signal?

But then i was off yesterday and figured what the hell im going to turn the wi-fi on, its been on since yesterday at 10am and is still on and the battery has barely moved and its 25 hours later and i did alot of web browsing and downloading apps. will the wifi really help the battery that much? and with it off if im not useing data what is it doing thats draining it so fast? ive turn brightness down and everything else the help docs on ehere have suggested.

any help would be awesome thanks!
Blaze:D:p:rolleyes:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The sim card does not mean anything. In fact that's the same sim card all of the first gen iPhone used. If the bad battery life continues I'd restore as a new iPhone and jailbreak/unlock again.

Franberry

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Would u happen to have ActivateMMS2G installed? That thing drained my battery in about 6 hrs as well. After I uninstalled it, battery went back to lasting 2-3 days w/light normal use.

blaze98

May 26, 2009
Visit site
no i dont have that application,at least i dont think so. did it come on the iphone or is it one that you download? i dont have very many apps on mine yet trying to get the battery issue resolved first.

Last edited:

blaze98

May 26, 2009
Visit site
The battery lasts along time when in wifi, what i want to know is why does it drain it while wifi is off, something had to be running whilein sleep mode to drain the battery. if the battery was "bad" or old it would run down fast with wifi too right? and the plan is to upgrade later on but rent and grocerys come first

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2