wifi - on or off?

nsquared

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I only turn it on when I know I can access wifi. Otherwise, I think it uses up battery power searching for a wifi signal, no? I also hate seeing pop ups asking me if I want to connect to all these secured connections that I don't have a password to. LOL

You know you can turn that feature off, right?

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
You know you can turn that feature off, right?

Thanks, now I do, but just because it doesn't ask you, doesn't mean it isn't always looking for a wifi signal, right? If that's the case, then doesn't that still use up battery power as opposed to just turning off wifi altogether when you know you are not gonna use it?

nsquared

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, now I do, but just because it doesn't ask you, doesn't mean it isn't always looking for a wifi signal, right? If that's the case, then doesn't that still use up battery power as opposed to just turning off wifi altogether when you know you are not gonna use it?

If you do not have the iPhone looking to join other networks, it will not constantly scan for new networks. If you always join the same networks (for example if you have WiFi at home and at work) it is better to keep WiFi on because WiFi uses less battery power than 3G.

If you notice when you first unlock your iPhone from sleep, and you have WiFi enabled, you won't have a WiFi icon in the bar at top. A few seconds later, the WiFi engages. So when your iPhone is locked, it puts WiFi to sleep... this should not drain your battery.

dok

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
i keep mine on at all times for the most part. there have been times i've turned it off tho. for instance...2 of my email addys won't send/receive over my work wifi so i turn it off to send and receive from them.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I would like to say I turn it off and only use it when I need it, but I would never remember to turn wifi off.

I have ask to join networks turned off but that's about it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2