How often do you turn off your iPhone?

paulrkiii

Sep 29, 2009
www.facebook.com
Mine's always on... How can you keep it off for more than a few seconds? There's no need. You invested in such a powerful and enjoyable device, might as well enjoy every minute of it. Thank you Apple! ;)

Well said....I don't see me turning mine off...a reboot once a week or so will be good enough for me...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I never turn my phone off unless it freezes or crashes. I used to have good battery until I did the 3.1 JB and now by the time I'm about to go to bed I'm usually down in the 20s%

pvdnh

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Pretty much only if something is running slow or I have a program that is not responding. Don't see the use in it usuallly

Raulgoc

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance, but what do you gain from weekly reboots? I've turned my phone off once in the four months I've had it, to install the MMS. What am I missing out on?

FLCracker

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm new ti iPhone, former BB user, and I only switch mine off if something isn't loading right or lagging. I was having some issues with signal last week and At&t tech support advised me that I should turn it off and back on once a day. Has anyone else ever heard this?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Pardon my ignorance, but what do you gain from weekly reboots? I've turned my phone off once in the four months I've had it, to install the MMS. What am I missing out on?

If it's not broke, don't fix it. If you have no issues without rebooting the device, don't worry about rebooting it. Every once in a while I will reboot mine is I experience any lag in a application but with the 3GS that is pretty rare.

wabbit#IM

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
i have i think only 2 phone i have ever turned off.

one was the startac analog, which certain places they made you turn it off.
second phone was the brick from nextel since you could not turn the 2 way off, and it never shut up.

btw, reboots i do not consider turning a phone off. its a reboot.

Last edited:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I hardly ever turn off my iPhone. Only to reboot after a jailbreak or something of the sort. Or if it's dying and I am somewhere I can't charge it and need to preserve a bit of battery life.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm new ti iPhone, former BB user, and I only switch mine off if something isn't loading right or lagging. I was having some issues with signal last week and At&t tech support advised me that I should turn it off and back on once a day. Has anyone else ever heard this?

it doesnt hurt to turn it off once a day...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll