Help with Contacts

Hoofpick

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I just got my iPhone and I have been putting in phone nos. I have MobileMe and Outlook. I have been only adding nos. directly to the phone in All Contacts group. For some reason I have 3 contact groups. All Contacts, All on my iPhone and MoblieMe. I feel I should have all the phone nos. I have installed in all of the groups but I don't. Furthermore I keep having phone nos. being deleted. I've had to reinstall about 5 nos at least 3 times. In the All Contacts Group I have some nos. which are duplicates. Why is that? I need the Outlook and the MobileMe to have the same nos in the All Contacts plus I don't need it deleting nos. on me. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I use mine on Mac but it should be the same anyway. The reason the contacts in All Contacts are duplicates is because All Duplicates has all contacts. So say if you were to create groups ie. Family, Friends, Business but you don't have time to switch through the groups to get to your contact you just go to All Contacts and search for the name. So it's not a group it's a function of the phone. It's like writing all the names on a peice of paper and circling certain names(Groups) but all names are still written on the paper(All Contacts). So you can go to each group or you can go to All Contacts. When do the numbers disappear? after you sync or some other time. If it's when you sync then you need to check your settings in Itunes for syncing contacts. Does your phone, MobileMe and Outlook have all the same contacts or is it different contacts in each?

Hoofpick

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I have duplicates in the All Contacts Group. The Iphone Groups is missing phone nos. The MobileMe has now caught up with the, I guess, All Contacts Group and has all of my phone nos. When I add phone nos. to my iPhone should I continue to add them in the All Contacts Group? And should I delete the Duplicates from the All Contacts Group? By the way not all of the phone nos. in the All Contacts Group are duplicated but most are. Would the duplications reflect what nos. are in the MobileMe Group? Thanks soooo much for your support.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK I am totally confused LOL OK lets start by you telling me all the groups on your phone if any? groups are on your MobileMe and in your outlook?

So here is the way my Iphone is, if I hit groups at the top left I have the following groups

All Contacts
Business
Condo
Family
Work
Temp

If I select All Contacts I will see all my contacts, or I can select the groups to see only the contacts in that group. There are no duplicates in All Contacts. When you create a contact on the phone it will be created under All Contacts unless you are in a group when you create the contact. If you created a contact in All Contacts and then created the same contact in a group then you would probably have duplicates in All Contacts since it will show the one in All Contacts and the one created in the group. I sync my contacts with Address Book on the Mac so I'm not sure how similar it is to Outlook but I can re-arrange the contacts in Address Book and the next time I sync the phone it will reflect the change. Let me know if I've answered anything you asked or if I've just confused you.

Hoofpick

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Okay When I open the contacts I see Groups on top . Then below are my Groups. Which are All Contacts, On my iPhone and all on MobileMe. I'm new to Outlook so I don't have the extensive address list like you do. One address list would do me fine for right now while I'm learning. For the moment The MobileMe Group reflects the correct no. of contacts. The All contacts have duplicates. Those on my iPhone group are missing about 10 nos. Should I add those numbers that are missing in the iPhone group? Is the group All on my iPhone a nessessary group? From what I'm understanding I should keep the duplicates in All Contacts if I don't I'll erase from the group from which the duplicate came from? I can live with that. By the way my Outlook and Me.com reflect the proper No. of Phone nos. Though I just put in a phone number and it just listed the name not the number. Maybe later the phone no. will be there. So I think that is a good sign since yesterday when I didn't have but 10 in my address book on both places.

I've upgraded to the iPhone from a Razor which I had for 4 years. I'm keeping my Calendar, addresses on Outlook and iTunes on my laptop for now. Then I'll try to figure out how to expand to my desktop.

On top of this I'm getting an error on my computer that ApplesyncUIHandler has encountered a problem an needs to close. Don't know what that's about.

You are being so helpful. I've also picked up a lot from you in other posts.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2