I'v had mine since launch day & no scratches...I use a candyshell when we go out and naked at home...never a screen protector
    09-20-2009 10:34 AM
    The glass screen, unlike the plastic screens on most phones, is actually very hard to scratch. I didn't waste my money with a screen protector.

The plastic on the back of the phone and the bezel is another story altogether. Unfortunately, I have scratches on the back from before I realized that. Now I have a really thin case from JAVOedge that I love and nothing on the screen.
    09-20-2009 04:31 PM
    i have the 3G, i have had it for about 3 months now i have it in an incase that i bought at the apple store and it is still in mint condition
    09-20-2009 08:17 PM
    I accidentally scratched it somehow the first night I got it. Was playing with it for a couple of hours, and noticed a few fingerprints. Thought I would use my microfiber cloth to wipe it off. I'm assuming there must have been a piece of grit on the cloth, because shortly after, I saw a minor 1/2 in. long scratch. Now keep in mind that this is very minor, and I only see it in certain light and only with the screen off, but it does bug me because I was trying to be so careful, and I really don't want to use a screen protector. After all, I figured since the iPhone has a glass screen, and I've never even scratched the screen on my plastic screen Treos, I should be set.

Oh, well. I do use a Sena Elega case now and love it.
    09-20-2009 08:19 PM
    Have my 3G for over half a year right now and still not scratches FTW!
    09-21-2009 12:27 AM
    i slapped on a invisible shield litteraly after taking the iPhone out of the box, haha sooo i guess no scratches for me =P
    09-21-2009 10:51 PM
    yep! same here no scratches, i had it cinse 8:13AM launch day lol, and use a speck candyshell here too(black and grey); no scratches at all, and is in my left back pocket 24/7.
    09-22-2009 12:57 AM
    thats funny pilot cuz i got my iPhone and used it but-t naked for a week in my back pocket(looking for a good case) and nothing, not even a hair mark on it .
    09-22-2009 01:01 AM
    I was not using a case for my 3G since day 1 and there's no scratches till now... But i was little scared that my iPhone will be damaged without it... So started using iPhone 3G Seidio Case before a month........
    09-22-2009 02:47 AM
    I donthave any scratches on my iPhone either. However, I Dom believe that I have wet gotten a scratch on the screen of any smartphone I have ever had. They are expensive, so it is important to me to keep them well maintained. I have never used a screen protector, but I do keep my iPhone in a case. I use the Incase slider in black. It's a hard case and it fits perfectly and is the best looking case I have seen in stores.
    09-26-2009 11:27 PM
    I love to rock it naked.. but most of the time I'm too scared the white back or bezel will get messed up - LOL
    09-28-2009 11:36 AM
    I used my iphone without screen protector. My screen got too many scratches and I was so disappointed. I could not understand my menus. I think everyone should importance the value of using it.
    09-29-2009 06:27 AM
    No screen protector and no case = no scratches. I do use a Seidio holster to carry it as opposed to pocketing.
    09-29-2009 12:41 PM
    I have the Switcheasy case which came with a screen protector but I took it off because I'm anal and got tired of looking at the air bubbles and realized the screen was a lot smoother using it without the screen protector. No scratches so far on mine either.
    09-29-2009 01:07 PM
    Had mine since launch day. No case or screen protector ever used. The screen is perfectly fine. I only have a few minor scratches on the apple on the back. I always have a pocket just for the phone, headphones, keys and change all go in the other pocket.
    09-29-2009 02:05 PM
    I am considering buying the 3GS again (looooonnnggg story). But my previous ones (2 of them) both scratched being used VERY gently. I will not go without a screen protector again.
    09-29-2009 07:32 PM
    Many people are saying their iPhone 3GS' are scratching easy but mine is fine and dandy and I pull it in and out of cases carry it naked sometimes and have it in my pocket all the time. The screens on all of my iPhones (I've had all 3) have all held up well no scratches! My bezel and silver apple are still clean thus far as well.
    09-30-2009 03:34 AM
    I've got a case but no screen protector. Dropped it twice and no scratches. (thank God)
    09-30-2009 09:00 PM
    I don't care about the shape of the screen. My screen got some scratches for which I would like to take an action. I need to use a screen protector.
    09-30-2009 09:15 PM
    Screen protector and a face in belt clip.
    10-02-2009 11:21 PM
    no scratches/cracks here front nor back and I use my phone as a MP3 when I skate.
    10-03-2009 03:12 AM
    I used to have a hard case on mine but I took it off because it made a scratched on the chrome lining. Even though the scratch isn't noticeable to just about anyone but me I still don't like the fact the case caused it. I am going naked now. I actually like not having a case. The phone feels a lot thinner now. And of course it looks better.
    10-08-2009 12:08 AM
    i just toook my screen protector off .... NAKED is the way to go
    01-11-2010 09:19 PM
    i just toook my screen protector off .... NAKED is the way to go
    The question is if you have scratches or not. If you don't want a screen protector, great. Please don't ressurect an old thread without addressing the actual topic of the thread.

I agree naked is the way to go, but the first time the coating on your 3Gs screen gets a nick (and it will), you won't be happy. I know I wasn't.
    01-11-2010 09:23 PM
    Mine's is naked. No scratches as of yet. Currently using a screen protector and a black skin in the back to prevent scratches in the back of the phone.
    01-11-2010 09:31 PM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD