Hello,

I'm going on a trip to Europe (from the US) soon and I'll be putting a new SIM in my recently unlocked iPhone. Here's my question: will all of my push alerts follow me with the new SIM?

In other words, are the push alerts tied to the SIM or some other unique identifier of the iPhone?

Thanks a lot!

-Brian
    07-30-2009 05:01 PM
    Is this a jailbroken iphone to unlock it? I ask because AT&T refuses to unlock iphones from my experience. If it's jailbroken there are known problems with push notifications working.

But they should follow the phone, not the SIM. Otherwise legit unlocked iphones bought in Europe would never have push notifications.
    07-30-2009 05:11 PM
    It is jailbroken - but as of now I haven't had any issues with push alerts, so maybe I'm lucky.

Good point on the SIM; I guess it uses IMEI or some other way to identify the phone.

Thanks.
    07-31-2009 09:07 AM
    It is jailbroken - but as of now I haven't had any issues with push alerts, so maybe I'm lucky.

Good point on the SIM; I guess it uses IMEI or some other way to identify the phone.

Thanks.
    it uses the UDID attached to your phone; which is good, because that number can never change.
    07-31-2009 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD