Exchange Server Help!

DMBAdict04

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I am trying to set-up my email on the exchange server and well to put it plainly, the people that manage our server think nothing is ever their fault. I used the credentials they told me to use and then they said to call Apple tech support (which I know is BS); it has to be a server issue.

I enter the following

email: username @ companyname.com
Username: *******
Password: *******
Server: mail.companyname.com

The IT people told me they just deal with protocols etc etc...Is there anything on their side I can tell them directly that will ensure that the server is set-up properly? Thank you!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Are you getting an error message? What is happening (or not happening) when you try to get your email?

DMBAdict04

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
When it initially goes to verify, it says "Unable to Verify Certificate"

I hit "Accept"

Then it asks for the server in which I put in what I was told to put in by the people that manage our server. (mail.companyname.com)

Then at the top it says exchange account verification failed...*I have read that if you entered in the info correctly, just hit next and everything should work. However, when i go into the mailbox an error message comes up: "Cannot Get Mail, the connection to the server failed"

I tried sending an email and this does not work either.

Thnaks!

Edit: By the way, I used a BlackBerry on exchange before and had no issues. Although, BB did not ask for a server name just my username/password.

Last edited:

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
f you go to a browser for web mail is the domain the same as you're using for activesync? (i.e. it's mail.company.com not something like webmail.company.com)

if you have webmail, are they using a ssl cert for it? can you go to https://webmaildomain and it works

did they setup the activesync virtual directory on the email server? can you go to http://webmaildoman.com/activesync and it gives you a login box? Ours forwards to exchange.

activesync looks for a cert by default. If you can save the settings in the exchange setup and then go back into the exchange mailbox setup->account info and turn off the cert does it work?

I used a BlackBerry on exchange
You used a blackberry with BES. The blackberry enterprice server talks to exchange. Activesync has no intermediary.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2