iPhone voicemail

jarulejt

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Hey,

I have voicemail set up on my iPhone, I was wondering if thre is anyway to remove it, as I'm getting 5 or 6 voicemails off a blocked number every day,

Also is there any way in the settings you can block witheld numbers?

Thanks guys!

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
based on my experience with Verizon, most carriers don't allow you to block numbers anymore...unless you're willing to pay for that service! i know Verizon charged, but can't speak for AT&T. hopefully iPhone will have an app for that ;) free of charge. but for now, there is this program: iBlacklist for iPhone - Call filter - Call Block - Sms Mms Filter. the free version offers 2 blocked #'s only. but the paid version ($12 i think) allows more.

there are other ways of dealing with it too. like adding the number as a contact and setting the ringtone to silent (i think you can do individual ringtones on iPhone, right??). or (last resort) change your number.

good luck

jarulejt

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Thanks,

Any idea how to stop my voicemail..

If they cant leave Voicemail theyll stop ringing..

I cant find any settings on the phone to stop voicemail / de-activate it.

All help appreciated, Thanks.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
That hardly seems fair to those people who want to legitimately leave you voicemail.

The nice thing about the visual voicemail is...if you don't know them and don't want to listen to the voicemail, you can just delete it without listening.

jarulejt

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
I only want to disable it for soo long, no one ever leaves voice mail except thos person.. If it's not there they'll stop ringing as I don't answer

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
My voicemail is turned off I always keep it off I think you can call AT&T and they will turn it off. And AT&T charges $4.99 to block numbers.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
In the UK, you just have to dial a number to turn on/off voicemail so I guess it's the same with other carriers. With my previous handset (Razr) I'm sure I could adjust the settings on the phone (divert to voicemail/other no. if unanswered/busy/out of service). This would be a useful feature for the iPhone particularly when roaming - just toggle voicemail on/off. I wonder if they'll pay me for this idea :rolleyes:

rs_shadow0000

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
there are added means of ambidextrous with it too. like abacus the amount as a acquaintance and ambience the ringtone to bashful (i anticipate you can do alone ringtones on iPhone, right??). or (last resort) change your number.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2