Moving addresses off of Old SIM

AgDawg

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Okay I need to move phone numbers from my old sim card to the iphone then back onto the new iphone sim card. Is it as easy as putting the old sim card in the iphone then moving the numbers off onto the iphone? I just received my iphone and just unboxed it.

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
you can put your old sim in the iphone, go under settings...mail contacts calendars...and press import sim contacts. that will allow you to get the contacts off of your card onto the iphone. once you put the new sim into it (make sure it's been activated with at&t) you will not be able to move contacts onto that sim card. the only thing you can do is go to an at&t store (i would have done this in the first place to save the hassle and let somebody else to deal with it) and they can plug the iphone into a UME machine and pull the contacts onto a SIM card. The one bad thing about this is that the UME machines have not been updated to handle the 3.0 software so you're kind of out of luck for right now until the update is release.

Proco2020

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
That's not worked for me so I had to add all my contacts to gmail and sync them to my contacts on the phone. I'm now editing them on the phone, pain in the arse but I am clearing out 15 years of old numbers.

Shaggy#IM

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
you can put your old sim in the iphone, go under settings...mail contacts calendars...and press import sim contacts. that will allow you to get the contacts off of your card onto the iphone. once you put the new sim into it (make sure it's been activated with at&t) you will not be able to move contacts onto that sim card. the only thing you can do is go to an at&t store (i would have done this in the first place to save the hassle and let somebody else to deal with it) and they can plug the iphone into a UME machine and pull the contacts onto a SIM card. The one bad thing about this is that the UME machines have not been updated to handle the 3.0 software so you're kind of out of luck for right now until the update is release.

So that applies to 3GS too?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2