My PUSH isnt working??

miisznana

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone,

well i was wondering if this has happened to anyone here. I have the iphone software 3.0 on my iphone 2g and recently updated my BEEJIVE IM so that it can have the push capability. But for some reason the "push" part isn't working. At first i thought I needed to restart my phone, which I did, and it still didn't work. Well then I thought it was an issue with Beejive but my sister which has an iphone 3g, downloaded it and it works perfectly for her phone. I un-installed Beejive and then re-installed it. And still nothing. Everything else on the phone works fine. And yes, I have gone under settings-notifications-on.
I have also downloaded IM+ and it doesn't work either. I was just wondering If this has happened to anyone with an iPhone 2g or if there is something wrong with my phone? Thanks in advance!

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Even though you have noticifcations set to on, do you have the app set to allow badges, sounds or alerts as well under that option? Did the apps invite you to push upon first opening? Perhaps maybe since you're on a 2G, that if your fetching mail or pushing it theres a data problem and wont connect to both? No idea, but why buy two paid apps to test it? AIM is free, try that first. Report back
Also are all the account youre getting IM's for, are they all logged out on other places, if not there most likely getting their first so that app wont push

miisznana

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
yes the app is set to allow badges, sounds and alerts. And the reason y i purchased both was because originally I had purchased IM+ but then found out that they had Beejive on the iphone which I had used on my Windows Mobile phone before, so i got that and never used my IM+. And I don't have my mail being pushed, I manually do it because it saves me some battery life. So I don't think it would be a problem with the data. And yes, I did try the free AIM and it still doesn't work. Thanks for the help.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I got my first PN this morning when I checked my phone after waking up, I really hope we start seeing more push apps soon as it has been quite a bore after all the hype. I don't know if it's that few are updating their apps or that Apple is lagging on approving them, but it would be nice to see more..

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
yes the app is set to allow badges, sounds and alerts. And the reason y i purchased both was because originally I had purchased IM+ but then found out that they had Beejive on the iphone which I had used on my Windows Mobile phone before, so i got that and never used my IM+. And I don't have my mail being pushed, I manually do it because it saves me some battery life. So I don't think it would be a problem with the data. And yes, I did try the free AIM and it still doesn't work. Thanks for the help.

I also asked if you made sure your IM account were logged off all locations, like PC's or other phones. If you have accounts on multiple places they wont push messages to you

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I got my first PN this morning when I checked my phone after waking up, I really hope we start seeing more push apps soon as it has been quite a bore after all the hype. I don't know if it's that few are updating their apps or that Apple is lagging on approving them, but it would be nice to see more..

Its the devs delay. And as far as I am concerned, I have 4 apps that push right now, sometimes its push overload. Between IM+, TextFree, AP and QucikPigeon I have enough. But you will see them soon, give it some patience, and get more apps with push for now if you crave:cool:

miisznana

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Well I don't have any of my accounts signed up anywhere else. I really don't know what the problem is though, because like I said everything under settings is on and i don't have any other programs being pushed to my phone.

miisznana

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
haha, yea im definitely going to upgrade maybe even to the 3g s..my sister keeps on making fun of my old silver iphone but its been good to me so far

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2