What Would You Like to See in the iPhone 3.1 Software?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
It was already released to devs... been running it all of today.

Not much. Edit a video and save original copy and some other things.

debuell08

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Multiple Exchange ActiveSync Email Account Support

I bought an iphone to use for work and was able to set up my mail using the exchange mail function. I was very disappointed to find out that iphone 3GS does not let you have more than one exchange email account. I need a second account for my community college email. I know that many, many others want this feature on iphone. I do not want to have to carry a Blackberry and an iphone just to get two exchange email accounts.

raremage

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
What I would like to see and what I'm guessing we'll see are both different.

What I want is notifications like the Pre.

What I'm going to get is bug fixes (ie. 3rd party apps changing to other icons)

I remember this happening back with the 2G.

Boy that's for sure. reminders and notifications are probably the most annoying feature on the iPhone - the Pre really has that right.

I'd settle for the ability to "snooze" a reminder though - even being able to snooze a reminder for 5 or 10 minutes would be a huge improvement.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I want them to fix it so that my Motorola S9-HD headphones and FFWD and REV...:( works great on my Bold but only volume works on my iPhone 3GS

bilbothejust

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Coming from the Blackberry world some time ago, what I have missed most and would love to see Apple do is, make a "Today" screen that shows 'Inbox' (# of unread msgs), "Calendar" (showing upcoming meeting, etc) and perhaps the current weather...Anyway, I submitted this to Apple some time ago but am only wishing.

Oh yeah, and the most important feature about this is: You access it when your phone is asleep by punching the power button and voila...your screen shows "Today" rather a lame wallpaper. This will save you about 5 button pushes, lost time and battery waste.

Last edited:

Phoebe

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I would like to be able to get rid of the keyboard in SMS without leaving the app. Example: You type a message to someone, they type a message back within a few seconds, then they add another thought, I want to read those messages full screen but the keyboard hinders that and you can't press done or anything because it's just not an option..So exit and come back to get rid of it.

racassady

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
I love 3.0 update, but there are still some things that need to be addressed. I listed the top 10 things that need attention:

1. 21 million phones have been sold, and all of those users only have 6 tones to notify them of texts? Plus, the of the 6 are awful.

2. Text signatures, there are 10 dollar phones out there that can assign a signature to all your texts, but the best phone in the world cannot do this.

3. Groups for emailing multiple people at once. (moblie me does this but it's not supported on the phone.)

4. Birthdays in your contacts are not considered a subscribed calendar, so you cannot add them to your iPhone. Please add birthdays in address book to calendar, complete with reminders.

5. AVI and WMP support. I would rarely even need to use mail if this worked!

6. Ability to delete files from the phone directly.

7. Fix ringtone reset for Mobile Me customers.

8. Quick disable for landscape. Sometimes my phone will keep switching from portrait to landscape, and it would be nice to turn this on and off.

9. Ability to quickly publish where you are to Mobile Me, Facebook, ect.

10. Add ability to delete one number in history without deleting them all! You can do this for text messages, for for phone numbers, you have only one option, deleting all numbers?

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I would like to see notifications in the status bar. That comes in handy when you're in other apps. I know there's programs available with jailbreaking but it would be nice to see that feature without having to jailbreak it.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Did anyone mention fixing the notifications part? If you get two, you can't see both of them, just one?