Fetch VS. Push Email?????

johnny football hero

Nov 7, 2008
Visit site
I have a couple of yahoo email accounts and a gmail account on my iphone 3g. There is no push feature for gmail, while yahoo does have it.

At times, I've set up push for the yahoo accounts but its very shakey. There have been moments where I do instantly get the email, while at other times I will get notified of the email hours later.

What do you have your phone set up for? Push or Fetch? I go with the 15 minute fetch to be safe. I'd rather get the email within 15 minutes than who knows when it feels like "pushing" the email to the phone.

Is there any other solution to get good email service on the iphone?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I'm currently rocking mobile me and an exchange account along with a cable co account. The first two do email push flawlessly and have done so for quite some time. The third. By the cable company does not support push but it fetches every 15 mind and it seem to wor with no problems.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I use MoMe, My personal exchange (never use) and Yahoo for push. On the 3Gs, it seems as though Yahoo is as good as the exchange and MoMe. In fact, I'm getting emails before my BlackBerry does. I also have a gmail, but only use my BlackBerry for it or Gmail webapp for the iPhone.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I use fetch on important email addresses. I have 1 aol , yahoo and live emails , and 2 Gmails - one of which I have fetch up to 15 Mins. Could you imagine how much battery would be used up if I fetched 5 emails at ones lol.

Push for gmail would be awsome.

vbhoj74

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I've 3 gmail apps accounts, 2 gmail and 1 yahoo. All personal accounts forwarded to single gmail account, all work related mails are forwarded to another single gmail apps account. And on the iphone I fetch only these two accounts (gmail and gmail apps) so that it taxes the battery low.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I have gmail and yahoo, but since I don't use the iPhone for work I don't have push or fetch. I just check it whenever I get the chance/feel like it and it works just dandy for me!

Christinme7890

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I just have everything (all my email accounts) forwarded to my mobile me account. The mobile me account sorts them out so that each mail piece goes in its own box. That way everything gets pushed.

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I use Gmail filters to get push Gmail. I have it set up so that emails from people that I actually want instant email from automatically get forwarded to my Yahoo account. A lot of times, I'll get the forwarded Yahoo email before it hits my Gmail account. You can also set up the filters to automatically archive forwarded email. That way you don't get 2 notifications for the same email. When you respond to an email on the iphone, you can choose which address you're sending from so I can still respond using my Gmail account. Works pretty well.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77