Everytime i send, receive a sms message, or lock the phone (3gs) I hear a high pitch sound from the speaker that last about 3-5sec. Anyone else experceing this problem? Thanks!
    06-21-2009 12:11 PM
    I did not notice it until I put the phone close to my ear and heard it. I can't hear anything though just with normal use.
    06-21-2009 02:58 PM
    I thought I read something about that issue on the blog. It's supposed to be real high pitched, but there.
    06-21-2009 08:22 PM
    Are you enjoying your brand new iPhone 3G S? Did you get a 16GB or a 32GB? Well, that wont matter if people are experiencing what we are. There seems to a problem with sound files on the 3G S and the result after theyre triggered. After they are done playing like the unlock sound, SMS sound, for instance the iPhone emits a high-frequency tone. No, were not kidding. Something pretty high around 15KHz. Weve confirmed this isnt a local isolated issue with our phone, and since some people cant hear these types of high-pitched tones, your iPhone might produce it yet youd never notice.

Were 99% sure its software related because if you set the phone to vibrate, big surprise, no high-pitched tone. So, anyone out there experiencing this? Its amazing this was skipped over in the many reviews published, but oh well. Hopefully Apple fixes it soon because this is kind of painful and pretty outrageous. Hit us up and let us know

it's from boy genius. I found the article.
    06-21-2009 09:49 PM
    I heard it for the first time today, it was after sending a text message.
    07-15-2009 12:23 AM
    Mine does it too when I send or receive texts and a couple other things. It's pretty annoying after you first discover it. Hopefully it will get fixed in the 3.1 release
    07-15-2009 02:30 AM
    Anyone who has tried or seen the 3.1 betas notice that this is fixed?
    07-16-2009 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD