HELP PLEASE! Can't slide to unlock! Bottom of screen doesn't respond to touch.

iPhoneNEWBIE

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I was hoping I could get some help with my iPhone. It's a 2g phone and the issue that I am having is that I can't get the phone to "Slide to Unlock" so I can't access anything! The bottom portion of the screen doesn't appear to be responding to touch. The phone is unlocked as well if that makes a difference. So far, I have tried to hold the Power and Home button down to hard reset it and also have synced it up with iTunes and restored the phone. Stll no luck. Any other suggestions? Could it be the digitizer? Or is there a software that I can install on my computer to manually remove the lock?

Thanks and God bless.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you need a new iPhone and I would take to Apple store and if it is under warrenty and does not have any dents they will replace for free make sure it is not unlock or jailbroken if you take it there.

iPhoneNEWBIE

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hey thanks for replying. I'm not covered under warranty and the phone's unlocked. I've also did the power down process a handful of times. I'm guessing its the digitizer :(

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Hey thanks for replying. I'm not covered under warranty and the phone's unlocked. I've also did the power down process a handful of times. I'm guessing its the digitizer :(

You held down the iPhone power button and the home button and did not touch the slide to power button and kept holding until a apple comes up?